    Anti-Virus: McAfee Anti-Virus (came with my Comcast internet service)
    Other Anti-Spyware Software: None yet, until I solve this problem.
    , Jun 27, 2007

  2. SgtMinor Guest

    wrote:
    > I've been using Ad-Aware 2007 for a few months and I want to uninstall
    > it to get a new anti-spyware program that actually works and is not as
    > resource intensive.
    > But, Windows has made it hard for me....
    >
    > http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3555/adawareerrorco9.png.
    >

    > Some more info about my computer, version of ad aware, etc.
    >
    > Application Version: Ad-Aware 2007 7.0.1.4 from C|Net.com Link
    > Operating System Version: Windows XP Home Edition SP2
    > Computer Specifications: Dell Dimension 4300 / About 5 years old, has
    > never has a problem until installing ad-aware 2007.
    >
    > Browser: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Internet Explorer 7.0 (current
    > system default) Installed
    > Anti-Virus: McAfee Anti-Virus (came with my Comcast internet service)
    > Other Anti-Spyware Software: None yet, until I solve this problem.

    Check this out: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28

    Just out of curiosity what program are you thinking of replacing AdAware
    with? The one that actually works.
    SgtMinor, Jun 27, 2007

  3. iamaom9 Guest

    On Jun 27, 12:38 pm, SgtMinor <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I've been usingAd-Aware2007for a few months and I want to uninstall
    > > it to get a new anti-spyware program that actually works and is not as
    > > resource intensive.
    > > But, Windows has made it hard for me....

    > >http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3555/adawareerrorco9.png.

    > > Some more info about my computer, version ofadaware, etc.

    > > Application Version:Ad-Aware20077.0.1.4 from C|Net.com Link
    > > Operating System Version: Windows XP Home Edition SP2
    > > Computer Specifications: Dell Dimension 4300 / About 5 years old, has
    > > never has a problem until installingad-aware2007.

    > > Browser: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Internet Explorer 7.0 (current
    > > system default) Installed
    > > Anti-Virus: McAfee Anti-Virus (came with my Comcast internet service)
    > > Other Anti-Spyware Software: None yet, until I solve this problem.

    > Check this out: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28
    >
    > Just out of curiosity what program are you thinking of replacing AdAware
    > with? The one that actually works.

    I was thinking about Spybot Search & Destroy, people were saying good
    things about it.
    iamaom9, Jun 28, 2007
  4. SgtMinor Guest

    iamaom9 wrote:
    > On Jun 27, 12:38 pm, SgtMinor <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I've been usingAd-Aware2007for a few months and I want to uninstall
    >>>it to get a new anti-spyware program that actually works and is not as
    >>>resource intensive.
    >>>But, Windows has made it hard for me....

    >>>http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3555/adawareerrorco9.png.

    >>>Some more info about my computer, version ofadaware, etc.

    >>>Application Version:Ad-Aware20077.0.1.4 from C|Net.com Link
    >>>Operating System Version: Windows XP Home Edition SP2
    >>>Computer Specifications: Dell Dimension 4300 / About 5 years old, has
    >>>never has a problem until installingad-aware2007.

    >>>Browser: Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.4 and Internet Explorer 7.0 (current
    >>>system default) Installed
    >>>Anti-Virus: McAfee Anti-Virus (came with my Comcast internet service)
    >>>Other Anti-Spyware Software: None yet, until I solve this problem.

    >>Check this out: http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=28
    >>
    >>Just out of curiosity what program are you thinking of replacing AdAware
    >>with? The one that actually works.

    > I was thinking about Spybot Search & Destroy, people were saying good
    > things about it.

    AdAware and SpyBot may have some overlap but they target two different
    problems: popup ads vs spyware. Many people use both and have a
    software firewall like ZoneAlarm installed too. If it were my system I
    would not uninstall AdAware.
    SgtMinor, Jun 29, 2007