    being used on another machine.What do i have to do to use the key on new
    rig.How do i uninstall the 64 dual booth so i can use the key on the new
    machine.Old rig is hp pavilion 2007.Thanks in advance

    randalel, Nov 26, 2008

  2. Re: uninstall vista 64bit from system with dual boot vista 32 an64 os

    The first consideration is whether your Vista x64 is Retail
    or OEM. If it's OEM the EULA does not allow you to transfer
    it to a new computer. It is married for life to the
    original computer it was installed on.

    If you have a Retail version then the next consideration is
    whether your x64 is the 1st partition or the 2nd partition.
    If it's the second partition you should be able to boot
    into the x86 (32-bit) version and delete the x64 partition.
    After you do that Vista has the capability to expand the
    x86 partition to the full drive.

    If you have the Retail version and you delete the x64 from
    the 1st computer you will have to call Microsoft and tell
    them the situation and activate it on the new computer via
    telephone.

    There are no other tricks to it.

    Bobby Johnson, Nov 26, 2008

  3. randalel

    John Barnes Guest

    First, if you only have one license you are legally only allowed to install
    one version. If you have two licenses, you will have to make sure you know
    how the dual boot is set up. Are they installed on separate hd's or
    partitions on the same drive? If the latter, is 64-bit on the first or
    second partition and which partition is the system partition?

    John Barnes, Nov 26, 2008
  4. randalel

    John Barnes Guest

    You will have to use activate by phone to activate the new copy. Once you
    have uninstalled the other copy and assuming two licenses, just explain the
    situation.

    John Barnes, Nov 26, 2008