    knowledge, have contacted Nero tech support, but no luck. The entries are
    there without "change" or "remove" buttons. Please help. THis is restricting
    me from uploading Nero 8 ultra to my computer.
    =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=, Oct 10, 2007

  2. Ryan:
    Open regedit.
    Go to HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    Delete all Nero leftover registry entries you may find there.
    Remember, hampering with the registry is dangerous.
    Do this at your own risk, backup those entries before deleting them.
    Carlos
    P.S.: Smoking is also dangerous. Backup your lungs before lighting that
    cigarette
    :)

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 10, 2007

  3. That would be "tampering" instead of "hampering"
    Sorry for the confusion, time to hit the sack.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 10, 2007
  4. Carlos,

    I have deleted the entries, however, via a different method. Thank you
    for your response.

    I have another question. I am trying to install Nero 8, however, when I
    download the program, it tells me that a "different application (e.g. Windows
    Update) has requested a reboot. Please reboot to continue installation." I
    have rebooted, and the same message occurs every time. Now, this has caused
    me to delete every scrap of Nero software from my registry. Believe me,
    every scrap is gone, however, when I try to install Nero 8, I still get the
    notification. Nero is no help. They are so apathetic, it isn't even funny.
    Can you or someone else help me investigate which program is asking for a
    reboot, which, consequently, is restricting my installation to Nero 8?
    Please someone help.

    =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=, Oct 12, 2007
  5. Ryan:
    There may be still Nero 7 leftovers disturbing your Nero 8 install.
    Use Nero 7 clean tool
    http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-cleantools.html
    Read the instrucctions and download the tool.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 12, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Unlhbg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 05:31:00 -0700, Carlos
    <> wrote:

    >Ryan:
    >There may be still Nero 7 leftovers disturbing your Nero 8 install.
    >Use Nero 7 clean tool
    >http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-cleantools.html

    The installer which comes with v8 is quite interesting. The more things I
    ticked off to not install, the more diskspace it seemed to need. Is this
    fixed with the latest release? I don't want to uninstall other programs in
    order to install Nero, and then install those programs again....

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Oct 12, 2007
  7. Jud:
    After the SXS (sidebyside) errors in event viewer caused by some Nero 8
    trial apps, I reverted back to Nero 7.
    According to poster "Kue" there is a newer Nero 8 version (8.1.2.0)
    available here
    Nero Online Shop: https://webshop.nero.com/cgi-bin/pages/login/ml=EN
    That version is not available in the trials or updates section, only v8.1.1.0b
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Oct 12, 2007