    When finished it presents a bill.

    How can I get rid of this nuisance without having my Win 7 wrecked?

    TIA

    JD, Dec 18, 2012

  2. JD

    TeeJay1952 Guest

    On 12/18/2012 5:18 AM, JD wrote:
    > Hello Experts,
    >
    > This prog arrived in my computer about a week ago and it regularly runs.
    > When finished it presents a bill.
    >
    > How can I get rid of this nuisance without having my Win 7 wrecked?
    >
    > TIA

    http://download.cnet.com/SpeedUpMyPC-2013/3000-18512_4-10602643.html
    The comments say to avoid this and to delete it.

    TeeJay1952, Dec 18, 2012

  3. JD

    Paul Guest

    TeeJay1952 wrote:
    > On 12/18/2012 5:18 AM, JD wrote:
    >> Hello Experts,
    >>
    >> This prog arrived in my computer about a week ago and it regularly runs.
    >> When finished it presents a bill.
    >>
    >> How can I get rid of this nuisance without having my Win 7 wrecked?
    >>
    >> TIA

    > http://download.cnet.com/SpeedUpMyPC-2013/3000-18512_4-10602643.html
    > The comments say to avoid this and to delete it.

    I love the reviews, and the download counter says 173,000 copies
    have been downloaded. Can you imagine if all 173,000 copies
    were installed ? 173,000 messed up PCs. OMG. Proud moment
    for the company making the software.

    *******

    I'd try going to Programs and Features control panel, look for an entry
    there, and uninstall it. If it isn't malware, it should uninstall
    cleanly. If it's malware (or perhaps even, a program that looks
    like SpeedUpMyPC, but was written by a malware person), it'll stay
    on the computer. In which case, I might try Malwarebytes MBAM free
    version (the one that just removes stuff, and doesn't provide real
    time protection).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malwarebytes

    One of the problems with running MBAM sometimes, is the program
    that "resists removal" can prevent MBAM from running. Malwarebytes
    makes this, to try to get around it.

    http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/chameleon/

    But if the program is a legit one, the Programs and Features
    uninstallation item for the program, should get rid of it.

    There are other tools, like Revo Uninstaller. But I haven't a
    clue how it works, or whether it'll just lead to more damage.
    Again, in terms of "which side of the tracks" this lives on,
    this is for "legit" programs. Malware, if present, would be
    able to preserve itself after this has run. Whereas a copy
    of MBAM is focused on malware. I don't really know when is
    the best time to use this one (before Programs and Features ?).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revo_Uninstaller

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 18, 2012
  4. JD

    Robert Baer Guest

    JD wrote:
    > Hello Experts,
    >
    > This prog arrived in my computer about a week ago and it regularly runs.
    > When finished it presents a bill.
    >
    > How can I get rid of this nuisance without having my Win 7 wrecked?
    >
    > TIA

    "Arrived"??
    How?
    Did you install it? Is it in the list of installed programs?
    Does it run more than once?
    Were you lax enough to actually _PAY_ the bill in some way?
    Did the program steal enough of your personal info to "clandestinely"
    pay the bill by way of one of your credit cards or checking accounts or
    (UG) PayPal?

    I would use the (not too efficient) "search" that Win7 has to find the
    program and if not listed as one of the registered programs delete it
    and wait maybe 15 seconds to see that it pops back.
    If it does that,it is DEFINITELY malware that your computer
    contracted; so much for the vaunted "security" built into the OS.
    If the so-called Malware Removal Tool that is somewhere in the OS
    does not remove it, then try the following:
    Open a window that shows all running processes, and look for the EXE,
    and open another window that shows the directory of the folder that has
    the program.
    Quick like a bunny, delete the process then the EXE and wait for one
    or both to re-appear.
    If only one re-appears, then delete it and wait; it should not re-appear.
    If they both re-appear, try again, you may need to reverse the order
    of deletion.
    THEN find the damn thing in the registry and delete all entries.

    Robert Baer, Dec 19, 2012
  5. JD

    JD Guest

    Hello Paul and Robert,

    Yesterday I was answering both of your posts and I did get the program
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malwarebytes running and it ran for quite a
    long time and then stopped. Nothing useful was achieved.

    The Uniblue was still there on my screen. Two days ago I visited that
    huge list of progs - Programs and Features and, found that the Uniblue
    prog. was there. I dumped it. Yesterday I checked again for the second
    time and there was a new prog. there. I dumped them both. Uniblue was
    working, presumably to check some programs and then it stopped, as
    usual, and showing a bill.

    I started giving the full story in alt.computer and had it nearly
    finished when it was suddenly wiped - by Uniblue. I attacked it and it
    disappeared quickly. I hope it stays that way.

    Now I am wondering whether I need more protection from Samsung.

    Happy holidays :)

    Paul and Robert.

    JD, Dec 20, 2012
  6. JD

    Robert Baer Guest

    JD wrote:
    > Hello Paul and Robert,
    >
    > Yesterday I was answering both of your posts and I did get the program
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malwarebytes running and it ran for quite a
    > long time and then stopped. Nothing useful was achieved.
    >
    > The Uniblue was still there on my screen. Two days ago I visited that
    > huge list of progs - Programs and Features and, found that the Uniblue
    > prog. was there. I dumped it. Yesterday I checked again for the second
    > time and there was a new prog. there. I dumped them both. Uniblue was
    > working, presumably to check some programs and then it stopped, as
    > usual, and showing a bill.
    >
    > I started giving the full story in alt.computer and had it nearly
    > finished when it was suddenly wiped - by Uniblue. I attacked it and it
    > disappeared quickly. I hope it stays that way.
    >
    > Now I am wondering whether I need more protection from Samsung.
    >
    > Happy holidays :)
    >
    > Paul and Robert.
    >

    > On 12/19/2012 6:41 PM, Robert Baer wrote:
    >> JD wrote:
    >>> Hello Experts,
    >>>
    >>> This prog arrived in my computer about a week ago and it regularly runs.
    >>> When finished it presents a bill.
    >>>
    >>> How can I get rid of this nuisance without having my Win 7 wrecked?
    >>>
    >>> TIA

    >> "Arrived"??
    >> How?
    >> Did you install it? Is it in the list of installed programs?
    >> Does it run more than once?
    >> Were you lax enough to actually _PAY_ the bill in some way?
    >> Did the program steal enough of your personal info to "clandestinely"
    >> pay the bill by way of one of your credit cards or checking accounts or
    >> (UG) PayPal?
    >>
    >> I would use the (not too efficient) "search" that Win7 has to find the
    >> program and if not listed as one of the registered programs delete it
    >> and wait maybe 15 seconds to see that it pops back.
    >> If it does that,it is DEFINITELY malware that your computer
    >> contracted; so much for the vaunted "security" built into the OS.
    >> If the so-called Malware Removal Tool that is somewhere in the OS
    >> does not remove it, then try the following:
    >> Open a window that shows all running processes, and look for the EXE,
    >> and open another window that shows the directory of the folder that has
    >> the program.
    >> Quick like a bunny, delete the process then the EXE and wait for one
    >> or both to re-appear.
    >> If only one re-appears, then delete it and wait; it should not
    >> re-appear.
    >> If they both re-appear, try again, you may need to reverse the order
    >> of deletion.
    >> THEN find the damn thing in the registry and delete all entries.

    Well, my experience with malwarebytes was worse.
    It took a long time, and "found" two supposedly malware programs -
    which were definitely NOT - but i deleted them anyway (had never
    installed them so registry and run probs never could exist for them).
    Then, i could NOT shut down the PC!
    Had to unplug(!) the computer to shut it down.
    Then found my hard drive had been trashed!
    If i was rich, they would have been in front of a Federal judge by now.

    I would do everything possible to COMPLETELY get rid of the Uniblue
    program; first by following the steps i mentioned.

    If it was still there, i would first make a backup COPY (i hate
    "images" with a passion) using any program that will do that EXCEPT M$
    "backup".
    Then (ASS-u-ME-ing Win7) try install upgrade path first - likely it
    will complain that your version on the HD is newer even tho the DVD is
    the SAME one used for initial install.
    So, if that happens, try again using the install custom path.

    Do NOT erase or format any of the partitions!!!!
    VERY IMPORTANT if you want to keep all of your data!!!!!!!!!!

    Select the partition labeled as Primary for the new Win7.
    Yes, it says that it does not keep files, settings, and programs -
    but that is a LIE.
    In the process, you will see a comment that files and folders from
    original would be moved into a folder named "WINDOWS.OLD" (!!).
    ALL of your original DATA files will be intact and un-altered, fully
    accessible in the SAME folders as before.
    Program files will be there but cannot be used because they are not
    in the registry. So your beloved malware and trojan programs will be in
    that folder....

    M$ does love to lie: the "files, settings, programs" ARE kept
    contrary to the initial statement, and that (all?) files and folders
    would be moved to that new folder is also a lie (all data files/folders
    are kept intact).

    You will have to re-install your favorite programs.

    Robert Baer, Dec 20, 2012
  7. JD

    JD Guest

    JD, Dec 23, 2012