unholys VCR mod :D

Discussion in 'Case Modding' started by unholy, Jun 21, 2005.

  1. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    If you ever went to www. ubpc reviews .com when jordan didn't go pyhsic and forgot to pay the bill, u might have noticed my mod, will its my first random object to a case.
    my second is coming but i need CPU donation for this one, or maybe NOT i could get money for my birthday!!! [june 27th] (u might know i am not one of those highly aged people like Erik and mike :|)
    Well i got some of the pictures up on my own server :D i got rid of some to make space :D i have listed them as time spent on mod :D
    [Adds up to about 8mb :D i have kindly made a .Zip for u that have broadband :D]
    Full Log
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/fullmod-unholy--VCR.zip
    > > Contains from Day 1 to Day 7
    Day[1]:
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/1.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/2.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/3.jpg
    Day[2]:
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/4.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/5.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/6.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/7.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/8.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/9.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/10.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/11.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/12.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/13.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/14.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/15.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/16.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/17.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/18.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/19.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/20.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/21.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/22.jpg
    Day[3]:
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/23.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/24.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/25.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/26.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/27.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/28.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/29.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/30.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/31.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/32.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/33.jpg
    Day[5]:
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/34.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/35.jpg
    Day[6]:
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/36.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/37.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/38.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/39.jpg
    Day[7]:
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/40.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/41.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/42.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/43.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/44.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/45.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/46.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/47.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/48.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/49.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/50.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/51.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/52.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/53.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/54.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/55.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/56.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/57.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/58.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/59.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/60.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/61.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/62.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/63.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/64.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/65.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/66.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/67.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/68.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/69.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/70.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/71.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/72.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/73.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/74.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/75.jpg
    > http://unholystudios.com/reviews/mod-vcr/76.jpg
    Man that takes time to type :|
    The rest will be posted in this topic :D the mods nilly done, all i need to do is the Mount for CD/HDD and the Moving lid :D (the Cover will come off with style :D)
    I have to get some money for the rest of the mod :| which i tend to be out of fast :|, a hobby shop for the pump to remove the cover and stuff like that :D
    Hardcore Modding Go!
    This Fnished mod will go on display at the Hall of fame (yet to be made here at velocity reviews, but its for all those sick mods or reviews and stuff that win!) [Mike i have yet to talk to u about that one!]
    Currently i think Sunbeam Tech are donating some pwnage lights and a sticker! :D, and i might be using the water cooler which i have yet to finish reviewing...
    THis mod will be on display at every lan i go to when its done, it will become the heart and soul of our lans, with the Dedicated server :D

    unholy, Jun 21, 2005

  2. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Sry about the delay of the upload, my server was being silly :|
    Anyways, an update, sunbeam tech are sending me some goodies to make this project run pro :D

    unholy, Jun 22, 2005

  3. unholy

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Lucky! Whatever happened to me getting that stuff! :p

    Silverstrand, Jun 22, 2005
  4. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i don't know... Keven as supposed to contact you...
    Give him a shout.
    Did u even look at some of the pictures? lol :D

    unholy, Jun 23, 2005
  5. unholy

    Silverstrand

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2005
    Messages:
    1,949
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Ya, I downloaded the zip. Good work so far, yet not much to look at yet. :p

    Silverstrand, Jun 23, 2005
  6. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    you will like the end result... if i can hopefully pull it off!!! it will require a immess amount of designing :D

    unholy, Jun 23, 2005
  7. unholy

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    I like where your going with this but can we see some pictures front the front? Also you should make the front have a temp monitor lcd display thing.. Have the thing wired so you can turn it on and off with the TV remote..

    stlava, Jun 26, 2005
  8. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i am going to get a Matrix Orbital LCD on this baby :D i don't know about remote but i can't find to many tv capture cards which are half sized (in height).

    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  9. unholy

    stlava

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    126
    I meant use an actual TV remote and wire the receiver of the vcr to the power supply so it turn on.

    stlava, Jun 27, 2005
  10. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol, no man i would need to create the interfacing... and the drivers :|

    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  11. unholy

    TYCOON

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    11
    Location:
    Saskatoon
    Very well done so far man, il bookmark this. Neon green!

    TYCOON, Jun 27, 2005
  12. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    :D lol, i am going blue and greenb inside! :D thanks to Sunbeamtech for the cathode (which will arrive within the next few days :D)

    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  13. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    Lookin pretty good, Sunbeamtech seems to be helping out a lot these days. I like their components also.

    Bio-Hazard, Jun 27, 2005
  14. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    they pwn for lighting :D... Teh Team at SunBeaM TeCh get a symbol on my case for this one :D

    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  15. unholy

    Bio-Hazard

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2005
    Messages:
    188
    Location:
    Back Woods of MO
    They've got some great fan controlers also, I'm using one of them on my new system because it's the only one on the market that can push 20 watts on a single channel........;)

    Bio-Hazard, Jun 27, 2005
  16. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yep :D, they sure do make em good these days. i am sure ning would be proud of u saying that (i got him to register here at our forums :D, hes from sunbeam :D)

    unholy, Jun 27, 2005
  17. unholy

    Bite-Me-2

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    16
    Cool mod..........it would make a great HTPC .....;)

    Bite-Me-2, Jun 28, 2005
  18. unholy

    Ciger

    Joined:
    Jun 28, 2005
    Messages:
    28
    Looking good ... I like Sunbeamtech components

    Ciger, Jun 28, 2005
  19. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    as my MO LCD says :D Sunbeamtech Pwns! :D
    its not going to be a HTPC guys, its going to be a spare Dedicated and a Screen Recorder :D, sunbeamtech need some marketing adverts in australia... so whats better then on a Case :D

    unholy, Jun 29, 2005
  20. unholy

    ww_crimson

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    60
    Looks pretty damn good, I've always wanted to fabricate my own case but I'm lacking in the tools and money department.

    ww_crimson, Jul 4, 2005