    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    unholy, Nov 8, 2005

  2. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Third pic link didn't work :|

    XhArD, Nov 8, 2005

  3. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    musta tried to view it whilist it was still uploading, torrents take half my upload bandwidth :D

    unholy, Nov 8, 2005
  4. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    K. I dunno how you could mod it, but it'd have to be something special...

    XhArD, Nov 8, 2005
  5. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Damn, that is one BUTT UGLY case man, no offense, but did you trashpick that?
    Alright, first things first, those damned grooves have GOT to go. Get a piece of sheet metal and cover the front of that thing or better yet, some nice silver mesh. Make drive stealth plates with the mesh on them, raised off of the aluminum plates about 1/8th of an inch. Avoid using blue lighting, it's getting passe, try something different, maybe yellow or something. Mesh the whole front so it looks totally uniform. Mount the power button on the top or side of the case, keep the front clean. You're not showing any side panel pics, I hate that you can't seem to take a case pic with the whole case in the pic but, I'd go for something unique and different there... Stay with the brushed aluminum but instead of your plain jane case window, try drilling lots of holes in the side to simulate the mesh look on the front, only on a somewhat larger hole scale. Mount two fans, diagonally in there with red lights (yellow and red lighting, it'd be different). To cut down on dust, mount a pice of plexi inside the panel (cut holes for the fans of course). Do the right side with the mesh, wrap the panel in it and paint it to match the color scheme. Have that mesh wrap around up to the top of the case, paint it red and yellow. Some kind of interesting high tech and clean design. Looks like there's already a blowhole in the top, mount a red fan or yellow fan in there. Maybe put a cowl on that fan that sticks up through the mesh.

    The Modfather, Nov 8, 2005
  6. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    ok, i have a really goo idea. how about i make a case?
    i was going to go withe the black and yellow but not 100% sure it would look good.
    What i will be doing is making a frame out of Steel or Aluminium, and wield it together to make a frame. Get some more of that metal and make a mount for the motherboard and back. or use plexi/acrylic. Black acrylic on the top bottom and sides but the front. i aint 100% sure.
    This case is outa league for modding, so i will have to get a new one :D. plus i like the case its very very very well built. and by the way, i got it for review modfather :D i will get a simple render of the case i am looking at making, i might go beatta and make it double width?
    I am going to go for a dragon design for the side, the motherboard matchs the yellow, with a dab of orange. and presto! we will see what it looks like :D
    for now i am going to make the inverted testbed case.
    Then ask my dad if he can help me with the wielf for the frame (i neva used a weilder before :p)

    unholy, Nov 8, 2005
  7. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    if you decide to weld steel together to make a case AT HOME, it's gonna be damn heavy. And dragons suck. and welder doesn't have an I in it :p

    XhArD, Nov 9, 2005
  8. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    aciddent i was typing it real late at night. 5 minutes before i went sleep. Its not going to be heavy because only the frame is made out of Steel.

    unholy, Nov 9, 2005
  9. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Well if you're as bad at welding as you are at everything else, good luck to you. :p

    XhArD, Nov 9, 2005
  10. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Awww, scrud you man! I'm not gonna give you no more ideas if you're just gonna ignore me.

    The Modfather, Nov 9, 2005
  11. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    He just wants to make something original for once. You're ideas are damn good ones, if he decide not to make his own case then I'm sure at least one of them would get used,

    XhArD, Nov 10, 2005
  12. unholy

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    He ain't gonna do nothin'. He's too lazy and has too many excuses. I'll believe it if/when I see it. :)

    The Modfather, Nov 10, 2005
  13. unholy

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Makes sense. But that means he rejected his own ideas too, so don't fell bad :p

    XhArD, Nov 10, 2005
  14. unholy

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    i have started the drawing, i am going to go down to bunnings (its a hardware, like a warehouse sized hardware) and get me some Steel square bars, for the frame, i am going then to get me some Black acrylic for the sides. not 100% sure about the design or mobo rack, i will make it black acrylic.
    I am going for the Black and Yellow look.
    so my PSU and mobo is good (Black cable sleeving, and UV mobo sockets)
    i need to get my some yellow fans.
    Or do u think i should go green and black? because green works with my mobo. and i already have a green cathode. not fully sure there.
    Mod father i would do those mods, if i didn't want to keep the case in full shape, see i am a modder but i dont like to wreck thingsa that i want to keep in a good way.
    Heres my Design Ideas.
    > Dragon
    > Hazard Symbol (if i use yellow, it would look better though)
    > unholy studios symbol with ectch to make the logo stand out. or black lines left to make it stand out.
    > DFI Logo (not the best pick)
    > Mystic Creature of some sort.
    THough i didn't put the AMD logo under those, i will be cutting it into the panel as well, at the bottom.
    This case Will not have cd drives as it is a LAN case :p and if u knew me i am fully into images :D though there will be room for 4 HDDs. :D gooo RAID! :D
    as for cooling system, fan cooling, no fans on side panel, only on the back top and front.
    i am thinking about water cooling, so there will be space for a radiator. there is also going to be a graphical LCD (probably a "5 from a psone screen)

    unholy, Nov 10, 2005