    himself and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the
    guys in semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well,
    but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.
    TO, Jun 28, 2007

  2. TO <> wrote in news:468414ce$0$26882$c3e8da3
    @news.astraweb.com:

    > I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his
    > letter, I paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost
    > with decent content.
    >
    > What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things
    > himself and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the
    > guys in semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well,
    > but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.

    What are you babbling about?

    --

    http://tinyurl.com/2gryka

    If :

    Earth ever quits the rock group, will all they
    do is get on stage, fart and light matches?
    Bucky Breeder, Jun 28, 2007

    Mike Easter Guest

    TO wrote:
    > I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his
    > letter, I paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost
    > with decent content.

    Langalist merged with Brian Livingston's Window's Secrets.

    > What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things
    > himself and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the
    > guys in semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well,
    > but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.

    I don't know what is going to happen in the future. According to
    Livingston, Fred Langa is on summer sabbatical and he is touring N.
    America on his motorcycle and staying in campgrounds some. Fred sez his
    wife Michelle isn't riding with him, but will travel to and visit with
    him from time to time during the summer.

    According to the windowssecrets site, Langa is now editor at large,
    Brian is editorial director, and now Scott Dunn is associate editor and
    Jody Braverman is managing editor.

    Supposedly Langa is going to be making 4 housecalls on his trip and
    writing them up to contribute.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 28, 2007

    gaspin Guest

    TO <> wrote in news:468414ce$0$26882$c3e8da3
    @news.astraweb.com:

    > I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his
    > letter, I paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost
    > with decent content.
    >
    > What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things
    > himself and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the
    > guys in semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well,
    > but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.

    Amen…not worth reading anymore. BTW, he is on a year long vacation riding
    his motorcycle around the counttry.
    gaspin, Jun 28, 2007

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter, Jun 28, 2007

    Plato Guest

    TO wrote:

    > I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his
    > letter, I paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost
    > with decent content.
    >
    > What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things
    > himself and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the
    > guys in semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well,
    > but this newest form of his newsletter sucks.

    He burned out with the constant deadlines always having to find new
    topics of interest. He even had his house posted for sale on his website
    a year or so back. Once you charge for a newsletter you are stuck with
    the deadlines and it can get hairy.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 28, 2007
  7. Mike Easter wrote:

    > I don't know what is going to happen in the future. According to
    > Livingston, Fred Langa is on summer sabbatical and he is touring N.
    > America on his motorcycle and staying in campgrounds some. Fred sez his
    > wife Michelle isn't riding with him, but will travel to and visit with
    > him from time to time during the summer.

    Well, *somebody* in the family has to have a real job. :)

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2007
  8. TO wrote:
    > I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his letter, I
    > paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost with decent
    > content.
    >
    > What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things himself
    > and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the guys in
    > semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well, but this
    > newest form of his newsletter sucks.

    From the plain English above, which is - unusually for Usenet - actually
    well punctuated and correctly cased, it's apparent that he's expressing
    displeasure with the quality of today's Langalist.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2007
  9. Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > TO wrote:
    >> I go way back with Langa. When he started charging for his letter, I
    >> paid for it for what I thought was a pretty fair cost with decent
    >> content.
    >>
    >> What happened to him? Did he burn out trying to run things himself
    >> and now turn it over to a buddy or two? I mean if the guys in
    >> semi-retirement, more power to him. I hope he does well, but this
    >> newest form of his newsletter sucks.

    > From the plain English above, which is - unusually for Usenet - actually
    > well punctuated and correctly cased, it's apparent that he's expressing
    > displeasure with the quality of today's Langalist.

    Ignore, please. I meant to respond to Bucky Breeder's failure to
    understand the post I quoted. My bad.

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 29, 2007