    adapter to ensure no power issues. As a last resort, have also replaced
    system board, however, to no avail. Any thoughts, recommendations will be
    greatly appreciated.

    meikigibo, Sep 30, 2003

  2. what processing chip (pentium 3, pentium 4, AMD....)?
    "meikigibo" <> wrote in message
    > IBM Thinkpad A22 laptop. Very well maintained. Over past several weeks,
    > have begun to experience unexpected, without warning, 'shutdowns' of
    > computer. Computer shuts itself off completely. Have the latest virus
    > programs installed and there is no evidence of any viruses. In addition,
    > usually when working in Outlook Express, have on several occasions,
    > permanently lost either all "Inbox" or "Sent" e-mail, depending on which
    > screen I happen to be in.
    > Have run every hardware test I can think of, including checking for faulty
    > hard drives. No obvious 'errors' in entire system to be found. Have

    replaced

    yellow submarine, Sep 30, 2003

  3. meikigibo

    Boomer Guest

    yellow submarine wrote:

    > what processing chip (pentium 3, pentium 4, AMD....)?

    You forgot to scan this post.

    Boomer, Sep 30, 2003
  4. Is it not just a case of the laptop may be over heating causing the
    shutdown.

    My daughter had the same problem with her laptop.

    not hereplease@not here.com, Sep 30, 2003
  5. meikigibo

    meikigibo Guest

    Pentium 3 - running Windows 2000

    "yellow submarine" <I _want no spam> wrote in
    message news:MXkeb.38035$...

    meikigibo, Sep 30, 2003
  6. I GOT RID OF THAT SIGNATURE.

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  7. do you know if it is a worm? i had to call someone in to look thru my AMD's
    log file. i'd recommend doing the same.

    yellow submarine, Oct 1, 2003
  8. meikigibo

    meikigibo Guest

    Thanks. Probably a good idea. Nothing else seems to have worked.

    "yellow submarine" < want no spam> wrote in
    message news:Kxpeb.46922$...

    meikigibo, Oct 1, 2003