    11100292 bytes (0xa96084) 0xbebe c2600-ik9s-mz.122-28b.bin
    rommon 2 >

    Any help appreciated, Ned

    Ned, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Ned

    Merv Guest

    Tracebacks are caused by IOS bugs - you should upgrade the IOS and if
    problem peresists open a case with the Cisco TAC.

    Merv, Oct 26, 2005

  3. Ned

    Guest

    >> I get this problem when I boot my 2611XM. Evan setting confreg to
    >> 0x2142 and resetting I still get the CPUvector... messages
    >>
    >> Unexpected exception to CPUvector 1100, PC = 0
    >> -Traceback= 0 803EF60C 803EF068 803EF444 803F061C

    >Tracebacks are caused by IOS bugs

    True.

    If it is not booting maybe it is a hardware problem.
    "PC = 0 seems a bit suspicious."

    Try booting with all network interfaces removed,
    if you have any non-integral modules. WICs or NMs.
    Unplug network cables too.

    Have you got enough memory for the IOS?
    Maybe with far too little memory
    it would just crash?

    Also if that does not help:-
    If the router is a toy, take the lid off and
    gently re-seat any socketed components
    (or get someone who knows what to do to do it)
    by pressing on them making sure the board is
    supported behind and that anti-static precautions
    are taken.

    If it is for business open a TAC case and get
    it fixed.

    Maybe the image is corrupt? Checksum 0xbebe
    seems a bit repetitive? I checked, the checksum
    is correct so the image is likely, but not necessarily
    OK.

    Maybe the developer fixed the checksum:)

    , Oct 27, 2005