    Many thanks
    Eric
    , Jul 26, 2006

  2. You want to do some kind of authentication, but you don't want to
    encrypt your wireless frames?

    The only option for this is MAC authentication. (Or Webauth, but
    autonomous IOS doesn't support Webauth - you would need an external
    box for this such as a WLC, BBSM or an IOS router with Auth-proxy.)

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ hi,
    ~
    ~ I got cisco aironet 1230 with 12.3.(8).
    ~
    ~ follwing problem. I have to get a sniff of the WLAN communication from
    ~ my client, but i got WPA/TKIP on EAP-TLS activated.
    ~
    ~ Could anyone of you provide me with part of the config that the
    ~ authentication is performed but no encryption follows ?
    ~ I tested some but wasn´t able to achieve unencrypted authentication.
    ~
    ~ Many thanks
    ~ Eric
    Aaron Leonard, Jul 28, 2006