    Olympus 775SW or the Pentax W30. Has anyone seen a round up review of
    these cameras anywhere lately, either online or in a UK magazine?

    Thanks!
    Ed Chilada, Jul 8, 2007

  2. Ed Chilada

    Tim Guest

    > I'm in the market for an underwater camera. Not just splashproof, but
    > one which I can take a few photos. I don't think I'll be scuba diving,
    > just photos of my kid underwater. I'm thinking of stuff like the
    > Olympus 775SW or the Pentax W30. Has anyone seen a round up review of
    > these cameras anywhere lately, either online or in a UK magazine?
    >
    > Thanks!

    I have an Olympus Stylus 720 SW which I'm guessing is similar

    Found it pretty easy to use

    Only one word of warning - I used it on a trip to the Caribbean and left the
    settings on auto iso rather than choosing an underwater setting on the
    camera thinking that I'd tweak them as requires in PS later. Turns out that
    the camera decided that in an underwater low light situation that ISO64
    would be a good option, I'd say 2/3rds of my pictures came out blurred - was
    really not a happy bunny about that :)
    All the underwater shots are at approx 2-3ft underwater BTW

    So just remember to set the ISO or I guess use a custom setting

    Some of the better results here if you want to have a look
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/19643174@N00/sets/72157600281888134/
    NB the dry land shots are with a D70

    You could also try asking here
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/scuba/

    HTH

    Tim
    --
    http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/
    Tim, Jul 8, 2007

  3. On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 13:25:02 +0100, Ed Chilada wrote:

    > I'm in the market for an underwater camera. Not just splashproof, but
    > one which I can take a few photos. I don't think I'll be scuba diving,
    > just photos of my kid underwater. I'm thinking of stuff like the Olympus
    > 775SW or the Pentax W30. Has anyone seen a round up review of these
    > cameras anywhere lately, either online or in a UK magazine?

    This month's (August 2007) Outdoor Photography has a review of 4
    underwater cameras & one housing usable from 5 m to 60 m depth. The
    article "Waterproof Kit" is on page 90. Cameras reviewed are Pentax Optio
    W30, Lomography Frogeye, Fujifilm Quicksnap Marine & Vivitar Vivicam
    6200W. The housing reviewed is FD-40X. In addition an underwater flash -
    Fontasea Cool Flash Nano is also mentioned. This issue should be in the
    newsagents now.

    HTH

    --
    gautam
    Gautam Majumdar, Jul 8, 2007
  4. Ed Chilada

    Ed Chilada Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 18:41:01 GMT, Gautam Majumdar
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 13:25:02 +0100, Ed Chilada wrote:
    >
    >> I'm in the market for an underwater camera. Not just splashproof, but
    >> one which I can take a few photos. I don't think I'll be scuba diving,
    >> just photos of my kid underwater. I'm thinking of stuff like the Olympus
    >> 775SW or the Pentax W30. Has anyone seen a round up review of these
    >> cameras anywhere lately, either online or in a UK magazine?

    >This month's (August 2007) Outdoor Photography has a review of 4
    >underwater cameras & one housing usable from 5 m to 60 m depth. The
    >article "Waterproof Kit" is on page 90. Cameras reviewed are Pentax Optio
    >W30, Lomography Frogeye, Fujifilm Quicksnap Marine & Vivitar Vivicam
    >6200W. The housing reviewed is FD-40X. In addition an underwater flash -
    >Fontasea Cool Flash Nano is also mentioned. This issue should be in the
    >newsagents now.

    Awesome, thanks for that. I shall dash out later and grab a copy!
    Ed Chilada, Jul 13, 2007