    Can the AIM-VOICE cards or the AS53-VOX ( is this even an AIM ) allow
    the VIC-2FXS to be used in the WIC slots of a 2600?

    If not, what good is the AIM-VOICE or the AS53-VOX?

    Ghazan Haider, Nov 28, 2004

  2. (Ghazan Haider) writes:
    >I have a 2610. The NM slot is taken up by an NM-1E which I need.

    >I'm hoping to be able to use a VIC-2FXS. This thing does require one
    >NM-1V. I heard rumors of it actually working in one of the WIC slots
    >if an appropriate AIM is used, cant confirm it from the cisco website.

    >Can the AIM-VOICE cards or the AS53-VOX ( is this even an AIM ) allow
    >the VIC-2FXS to be used in the WIC slots of a 2600?

    I'm afraid not (although I never tried it, but I would tend to believe
    the docs for what they say).

    First off, the AS53-VOX is a VOIP add-on card for an AS5300 so that is
    totally out.

    The AIM-VOICE card is for the 2600, but is designed to be used with a
    VWIC-xMFT-T1 card which will then run voice mode when inserted in the
    WIC slot instead of just data mode. Since this card is T1/PRI, you'd
    have to get your trunks in or out via that way.

    For the price you are looking to pay for an AIM-VOICE (list price of $4000,
    of course, who would actually pay list?), you could probably buy one
    of the newer routers that have multiple ethers and some VIC slots and
    DSPs all at your disposal. Something like a 2801 with a PVDM or 1760-V
    (although you'd have to buy a WIC-1ENET for that to get up to two ether).

    Doug McIntyre, Nov 28, 2004