    Hello. I went to a site the other day and it came up with an error called
    "bandwith problems." I am just curious what that means. Please let me know.
    Thank you.

    Dewman, Sep 4, 2003

  2. It means slooooower than normal.

    "Dewman" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello. I went to a site the other day and it came up with an error called
    > "bandwith problems." I am just curious what that means. Please let me

    know.
    > Thank you.

    ---

    BananaPannaPoe-, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Dewman

    Boomer Guest

    Dewman said:

    > Hello. I went to a site the other day and it came up with an
    > error called "bandwith problems." I am just curious what that
    > means. Please let me know. Thank you.

    Bandwidth is the speed between your computer and another server. To
    and fro. There must be some problem... somewhere if you recieved
    that error.

    Was there anymore to the error message?

    Boomer, Sep 4, 2003
  4. Dewman

    Dewman Guest

    Actually the site itself said "bandwith problems....Please try back in a few
    days"

    Subject: Re: understanding the term bandwith problem
    From: Boomer Boomer__Baby_@.mailinator.com
    Date: 9/4/2003 3:45 PM Eastern Standard Time

    Dewman said:

    > Hello. I went to a site the other day and it came up with an
    > error called "bandwith problems." I am just curious what that
    > means. Please let me know. Thank you.

    Bandwidth is the speed between your computer and another server. To
    and fro. There must be some problem... somewhere if you recieved
    that error.

    Was there anymore to the error message?
    real address is Dewman200x(at)AOL(dot)com. Thank you.

    Do the Dew.

    Dewman, Sep 4, 2003
  5. Dewman

    Dewman Guest

    so it wasn't an IE6 error, it was an error produced by a site. i still don't
    know what it means....

    From: ospam (Dewman)
    Date: 9/4/2003 3:53 PM Eastern Standard Time

    From: Boomer Boomer__Baby_@.mailinator.com
    Date: 9/4/2003 3:45 PM Eastern Standard Time

    Dewman, Sep 4, 2003
  6. Dewman

    Boomer Guest

    Dewman said:

    > so it wasn't an IE6 error, it was an error produced by a site. i
    > still don't know what it means....

    The site is down.

    Try one of the test links here to check your speed.
    http://home.cfl.rr.com/eaa/Bandwidth.htm

    Boomer, Sep 4, 2003
  7. Bandwidth is the amount of data that is transferred. If you got that
    message, while visiting someone's site, chances are they used up the
    allotted amount of bandwidth that their host has given them. That is, their
    host said "Okay, your site can use XX amount of bandwidth per month. If you
    go over, we will shut down your site until the new month."

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    LiveChat: http://chat.affordablehost.com

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Sep 4, 2003
  8. Dewman

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Dewman <> wrote:
    > Hello. I went to a site the other day and it came up with an error called
    > "bandwith problems." I am just curious what that means. Please let me know.
    > Thank you.

    The owner has exceeded his data allowance.

    Barry OGrady, Sep 5, 2003