    inside the brackets have me puzzled as well as the last zero after the State
    status.

    Thanks

    Messenger, Dec 14, 2004

  2. Messenger

    Frank.b Guest

    Messenger gave us a sample in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Active Connections
    >
    > Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
    > TPC [::]:135 [::]:0 LISTENING 0
    >

    > Can / will anyone here explain what the data above signifies?
    >
    > This is exactly what I'm seeing when I open Netstat in a command window
    > under XP.
    > I know what TCP and the ports 135, 0, and LISTENING are but the colons
    > inside the brackets have me puzzled as well as the last zero after the
    > State status.

    Try some options : NETSTAT/help and it should give plenty of info.
    I don't want to sound irritating but are you sure at least one network card
    is properly installed and at least one TCP/IP connection works properly ?

    NOTE:
    (Since XP, Microsoft doesn't implement those old DOS commands, yet it keeps
    a sort of DOS-emulator : you do not have a
    proper cmd/shell anymore and the arguments may be badly implemented.)

    --
    Frank.b
    ICQ: deux-trois-trois-sept-zéro-huit-quatre-trois-quatre

    Frank.b, Dec 14, 2004

  3. In article <q%Cvd.8708$> Messenger
    <ruction@extract_hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Active Connections
    >
    >Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
    >TPC [::]:135 [::]:0 LISTENING 0

    For the slow-witted-ones: If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn't,
    I'm not addressing you.

    >Can / will anyone here explain what the data above signifies?

    Wow. You can read minds too?

    >This is exactly what I'm seeing when I open Netstat in a command window
    >under XP.

    I am sure you are seeing when you open netstat in a command window
    under xp.

    >I know what TCP and the ports 135, 0, and LISTENING are but the colons
    >inside the brackets have me puzzled as well as the last zero after the State
    >status.

    Why do you ask if you know what tcp and the ports 135?

    >Thanks

    Will have a look at episode, and see?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Lady Chatterly, are you Robert Griffin?" -- Barbara Schwarz

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 14, 2004
  4. Messenger

    Guest

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:44:38 GMT, "Messenger"
    <ruction@extract_hotmail.com> wrote:

    |> Active Connections
    |>
    |> Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
    |> TPC [::]:135 [::]:0 LISTENING 0
    |>

    |> Can / will anyone here explain what the data above signifies?

    Something I found on Netstat awhile ago:
    http://newdata.box.sk/ankit/netstat.htm

    --

    , Dec 14, 2004
  5. Messenger

    Wolfson

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    HI

    Hi My computer started acting up recently, im not a pc expert but im not an idiot either and know how to manage it properly, deal with everyday issues and so on. I found a number of viruses on my machine and its my opinion despite having a router its been compromised, I know its possible router or not, i have a fixed DNS name with my ISP which doesnt help. A PC is also like your girlfriend you get to know it intuitively and I have the distinct feeling others are interfering with it.

    Just now i reinstalled Vista 64 bit on a clean partitioned drive, I have no software installed, no browsers etc nothing running and had opened no webpages but when I ran Netstat I got some results I did not understand, so in desperation ive come here for help. In my lack of expertise opinion the results signify someone else has access to my PC but if i could have them explained to me that would be great because i dont understand without having any webpage open how i could have a connection to a foreigh host by HTTP, i also found numerous software running on my machine that wa suspicious, for example the remote registry was activated even after i switched it off and other things too.

    This may be nothing but...

    Attached Files:

    Wolfson, Mar 31, 2011