Underground Internet

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Holmes, Nov 29, 2009.

  1. John Holmes

    John Holmes Guest

    John Holmes, Nov 29, 2009

    OldGringo38, Nov 30, 2009

    Mike Easter, Nov 30, 2009

    OldGringo38, Nov 30, 2009
  5. John Holmes

    squirltop Guest

    John Holmes wrote:
    > Anyone here tried this?
    > http://freenetproject.org
    >

    > --
    > <snip>

    I did when dialup was still common and it was slow slow slow. A few
    other times after that. Seemed to work well for what it was supposed
    to be 'trying' to do at the time.

    Not sure today what it mainly is used for but still likely a lot of
    overhead that unless you are doing something more specific and or
    illicit, then there really are other more reasonable avenues to get
    music movies downloads and all.

    I would maybe install it on a small hard drive, maybe a pen drive as a
    project, but not on any main hard drive or computer.

    Encrypted and all, you are still storing others files on your
    computer. From how I understand how
    it works. Nice project and all, but people tend to equate programs
    like this as only used for
    whatever wrongs one could think of.

    But still, install it and you will get a different perspective of what
    can be done and possible future internet and privacy measures one can
    look at and test.

    squirltop, Dec 3, 2009