Under The Lighthouse Dancing DVD video quality

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Brett, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. Brett

    Brett Guest

    Has anyone else purchased this DVD and been disappointed by the video
    quality? It seems to be almost like a bootleg VHS, with very soft
    edges, washed out colours and a very strange flickering that occurs
    about 1 second after each new scene, almost as if someone is adjusting
    the brightness settings. It is a shame, because it is one of my
    favourite movies & I have been waiting for years for it to be released
    on DVD.

    I'd be interested to hear others' comments on this, in case I have a
    faulty pressing.

    The only reviews I can find are at
    http://www.fulvuedrive-in.com/showreview.php/1222 (which rates a 'C'
    picture quality, but doesn't mention the flickers) and
    http://hometheaterinfo.com/underthe.htm (which seems to be happy with
    the video quality!).

    Thanks,
    Brett.
    Brett, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Brett

    Codswallop Guest

    On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 12:11:20 GMT, Brett wrote in aus.dvd:

    > It seems to be almost like a bootleg VHS, with very soft edges, washed
    > out colours and a very strange flickering that occurs about 1 second
    > after each new scene, almost as if someone is adjusting the brightness
    > settings.

    I bought "Weekend at Burnies" for five bucks and it's pretty crappy
    quality too. It doesn't even show the time or chapter on my DVD player,
    which I've only ever seen on bootlegged or extremely cheap Asian DVDs
    before. This one isn't a bootleg though.

    --
    - Cods
    (un ROT-13 to email)

    Welcome to KILLFILE, population: You.
    Codswallop, Aug 6, 2004

  3. Brett

    Brett Guest

    To be fair, I should follow-up by stating that the flickering seems to
    be a new fault in my DVD player, as I have just noticed it when watching
    another DVD player. The colour and soft edges comments, however, stand.
    Brett, Aug 6, 2004