    clara joseph Guest

    I have added undelted to my tool bar but it does not let me undelet mail
    that I want to put back in inbox
    clara joseph, Jun 4, 2007

  2. clara joseph

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:30:25 -0400, "clara joseph"
    <> wrote:

    >I have added undelted to my tool bar

    What tool bar?

    >but it does not let me undelet mail
    >that I want to put back in inbox

    Some specifics would help here.
    Evan Platt, Jun 4, 2007

  3. "clara joseph" <> wrote in

    > I have added undelted to my tool bar but it does not
    > let me undelet mail that I want to put back in inbox

    Did you double-*right*-click it or double-*left*-click it?

    --

    My newest company is developing computer chips which
    store and play music for implantation into women's boobs.

    This may resolve complaints from women about men always
    staring at their breasts - but never listening to them!
    Bucky Breeder, Jun 4, 2007
  4. clara joseph

    Mike Easter Guest

    clara joseph wrote:

    > I have added undelted to my tool bar

    .... where 'my tool bar' presumably refers to the OE toolbar, and where
    'added undelete' presumably means that you R clicked in the OE toolbar
    and clicked 'customize' and used the 'Customize Toolbar' to select the
    Undelete icon to place on the OE toolbar.

    > but it does not let me undelet
    > mail that I want to put back in inbox

    OE's help does not describe any function for the undelete icon/tool, and
    the help section on undelete recommends that when you delete and item
    and want to undelete it, that you go to the Deleted items folder and
    move/drag the deleted item back to the Inbox or whatever folder you
    deleted it from.

    OE/ help/ contents and index/ index tab - undeleting messages - "To
    restore a deleted message, open the Deleted Items folder, and then drag
    the message back to the Inbox or other folder."

    Naturally such an undeleting action is going to require that the item
    still be in the deleted items folder.

    I experimented with putting an undelete icon/tool on the OE toolbar and
    I can't determine any function for it. It doesn't appear to work to
    undelete an item in the deleted folder, and its status appears grayed
    out. More search and research would be needed to determine what MS had
    in mind for the tool.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 4, 2007
  5. "clara joseph" <> wrote in

    > I have added undelted to my tool bar but it does not
    > let me undelet mail that I want to put back in inbox

    That is determined by whether the mail server supports
    undelete or not. Some did, some do, some didn't, some
    did, some will, some won't, some just don't have any
    clue at all and some make you visit them via their web
    interface to accomplish this operation - if you do it
    quickly enough. <wurd>

    Bucky Breeder, Jun 4, 2007