    running is windows explorer. Cannot be deleted at reboot. Running XP pro -
    new user.

    Been at this problem for hours and can't find a solution..

    CJA, Jul 21, 2009

  2. CJA

    Carlos Guest

    CJA,

    Start by trying this freeware utility:
    http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

    If that doesn't work, please try to give us more details about your
    Operating System.
    Please take into account that this is a NG for 64-bit systems only.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 21, 2009

  3. CJA

    tsperling Guest

    It would be interesting to know what kind of files is this - where are
    they - and are they all zero byte? Did this happen all at once, or over a
    longer time?

    Why do you think it is important that you delete them?

    Regards,

    Tony. . .

    tsperling, Jul 21, 2009
  4. CJA

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, CJA.

    One problem at a time...

    > they are marked read only (which I am unable to change - reverts).

    See this KB article from a few years ago:
    You cannot view or change the Read-only or the System attributes of folders
    in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, or in Windows Vista
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;326549

    And then...see Carlos' post. Can you give us the full pathname to at least
    one of these folders? Disguise anything confidential, but be sure all the
    Windows folders (Users, AppData, etc.) in the path are shown.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX