    use to watch the files are not running ?

    any ideas.

    Phil
    Phil B, May 4, 2004

  2. Phil B

    Isaac Guest

    "Phil B" <> wrote in
    news:c78237$8qm$:

    > I have a few divx files I recently downloaded and am now unable to
    > delete? windows says they are being used by another person, or
    > program. this is not possible. I am the only user of my pc, and the
    > programs which I use to watch the files are not running ?
    >
    > any ideas.
    >
    > Phil

    p2p?
    Isaac, May 4, 2004

  3. Phil B

    Phil B Guest

    "Isaac" <-> wrote in message news:...
    > "Phil B" <> wrote in
    >
    > > I have a few divx files I recently downloaded and am now unable to
    > > delete? windows says they are being used by another person, or
    > > program. this is not possible. I am the only user of my pc, and the
    > > programs which I use to watch the files are not running ?
    > >
    > > any ideas.
    > >
    > > Phil
    > >

    > p2p?

    is where the files were received, but the programs I use aren't running. I
    can delete other files from the same shared folder, but not the .avi files?
    Phil B, May 4, 2004
  4. Phil B

    Andrew Guest

    Start in Safe Mode then delete the file.

    Andrew

    Andrew, May 4, 2004
  5. Phil B

    Buffalo Guest

    Try rt clicking on the file and select Properties and make sure Hidden or
    Read Only are not checked.
    Try closing all other programs not required before trying the delete.
    Try to rename the files to something else and then delete.
    If you have DOS on your computer, then delete those files from there.
    Try it in Safe Mode.
    One or more of the above should work.
    BTW, what is your OS ?

    Buffalo, May 4, 2004
  6. Phil B

    marriealen

    Joined:
    Nov 20, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    My experience

    Oh i had the same problem,these files become stacked and are due to long paths,use the tool available at pathtoodeep.com ,it is a free tool which deletes and also searches such undeleteable files and also assists in installation and sharing of long pathed files
    marriealen, Nov 20, 2010