Uncommon Travel Photography

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dang Nguyen, Nov 7, 2003.

  1. Dang Nguyen

    Dang Nguyen Guest

    I wanted to invite everyone to visit a new website, Photos for Peace
    at http://www.photosforpeace.org

    Photos for Peace is a website exclusively for the display of
    photographs by current and former Peace Corps volunteers. I strongly
    believe that PCV and RPCVs often have the best eyes capturing some
    insightful images of people and places, often of their neighbors and
    community.

    Peace Corps volunteers are welcome to display some of your work for
    free in the Peace Corps Photo Gallery. My aim is to cover all the
    Peace Corps country.

    My goal is to develop a website to share the experience of volunteers
    through images to people and to somehow give back for our experiences.

    Best,

    Dang Nguyen
    Philippines
    Group 251 (1998-2000)

    Dang Nguyen, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Dang Nguyen

    Doc Guest

    "Dang Nguyen" <> wrote in message
    > I wanted to invite everyone to visit a new website, Photos for Peace
    > at http://www.photosforpeace.org
    >
    > Photos for Peace is a website exclusively for the display of
    > photographs by current and former Peace Corps volunteers. I strongly
    > believe that PCV and RPCVs often have the best eyes capturing some
    > insightful images of people and places, often of their neighbors and
    > community.

    What liberal do-gooder blather and twaddle. Some bleeding-heart peace corps
    volunteer has no better "eyes" than the next guy with a camera around his
    neck!

    Doc

    Doc, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Dang Nguyen

    George Kerby Guest

    On 11/7/03 12:43 PM, in article
    UIRqb.15421$, "Doc" <doc @
    doc..net> wrote:

    > "Dang Nguyen" <> wrote in message
    >> I wanted to invite everyone to visit a new website, Photos for Peace
    >> at http://www.photosforpeace.org
    >>
    >> Photos for Peace is a website exclusively for the display of
    >> photographs by current and former Peace Corps volunteers. I strongly
    >> believe that PCV and RPCVs often have the best eyes capturing some
    >> insightful images of people and places, often of their neighbors and
    >> community.
    >>

    > What liberal do-gooder blather and twaddle. Some bleeding-heart peace corps
    > volunteer has no better "eyes" than the next guy with a camera around his
    > neck!
    >
    > Doc

    WTF is wrong with the Peace Corps?
    It IS a form of service to our Country and promotes good will toward the
    USA.
    Gawd! Get over it.
    Asses like you give Conservatives the bad rap that we get.

    George Kerby, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Dang Nguyen

    Tim Smith Guest

    "Doc" <doc @ doc..net> wrote:

    >What liberal do-gooder blather and twaddle. Some bleeding-heart peace corps
    >volunteer has no better "eyes" than the next guy with a camera around his
    >neck!

    Except that he or she lives in a remote and possibly interesting
    locale for months or years, gets to know the area, the animals and
    plants, and the people.

    Oh, I'm sorry, any tourist could pick up that knowledge right away,
    and, as long as he had a digital camera, make great photos right away.
    After all, it's the equipment that counts, not knowledge or
    experience. Right?

    Tim Smith, Nov 10, 2003