    blocked and how to unblock it if it is blocked.
    Help !!!
    TIA
    jim fisher, Sep 13, 2007

  2. jim fisher wrote:

    > I am trying to access a program and have been told I must shutoff my
    > Firewall and be sure "port 5060 is not blocked". I have looked
    > everywhere and I cannot find out how to determine if the port is
    > blocked and how to unblock it if it is blocked.

    Naming the firewall in use would be a good start.

    > Help !!!

    Indeed.

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 13, 2007

  3. On 2007-09-13, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, jim fisher waxed eloquently:
    > I am trying to access a program and have been told I must shutoff my
    > Firewall and be sure "port 5060 is not blocked". I have looked
    > everywhere and I cannot find out how to determine if the port is
    > blocked and how to unblock it if it is blocked.
    > Help !!!
    > TIA

    It may help to resolve your problem if you put a name to this firewall.

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    The Old Sourdough, Sep 13, 2007
  4. jim fisher

    jim fisher Guest

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 11:52:07 -0500, The Old Sourdough
    <> wrote:

    >On 2007-09-13, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, jim fisher waxed eloquently:
    >> I am trying to access a program and have been told I must shutoff my
    >> Firewall and be sure "port 5060 is not blocked". I have looked
    >> everywhere and I cannot find out how to determine if the port is
    >> blocked and how to unblock it if it is blocked.
    >> Help !!!
    >> TIA

    >It may help to resolve your problem if you put a name to this firewall.

    Sorry. It is Zone Alarm
    Jim
    jim fisher, Sep 13, 2007
  5. The Old Sourdough wrote:
    > On 2007-09-13, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, jim fisher waxed eloquently:
    >> I am trying to access a program and have been told I must shutoff my
    >> Firewall and be sure "port 5060 is not blocked". I have looked
    >> everywhere and I cannot find out how to determine if the port is
    >> blocked and how to unblock it if it is blocked.
    >> Help !!!
    >> TIA

    > It may help to resolve your problem if you put a name to this firewall.

    "I will hug it and I will pet it and I will name it George."

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Sep 13, 2007
  6. jim fisher

    VanguardLH Guest

    "jim fisher" <> wrote in message
    >I am trying to access a program and have been told I must shutoff my
    > Firewall and be sure "port 5060 is not blocked". I have looked
    > everywhere and I cannot find out how to determine if the port is
    > blocked and how to unblock it if it is blocked.

    There is no point in installing software for which you have to
    intention to educate yourself. Check the help that came with the
    UNNAMED firewall you are using to see how to punch a security hole
    through it to permit all unsolicited inbound connections on that port.
    If instead you mean to ask about an outbound connection then the
    firewall should prompt you when the application wants to make an
    outbound connection. If you blocked it in a prior prompt, go into the
    application rules for the firewall and delete the old rule, then
    recreate the rule when you run the UNNAMED application again.
    VanguardLH, Sep 14, 2007
  7. jim fisher

    Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >> It may help to resolve your problem if you put a name to this firewall.

    >"I will hug it and I will pet it and I will name it George."

    On and off for the last two days I've been searching for that movie...
    closest I've gotten http://tinyurl.com/2msbuy

    --
    Innocence
    http://reddit.com/info/2p8qn/comments
  8. wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote:
    >
    >>> It may help to resolve your problem if you put a name to this firewall.

    >>"I will hug it and I will pet it and I will name it George."

    > On and off for the last two days I've been searching for that movie...
    > closest I've gotten http://tinyurl.com/2msbuy

    Having read it long ago and seen the 1992 verion with Malkovich and
    Sinise, I should see that one.

    That said, Netflix has both, and probably is still running their
    free-two-weeks introductory promotion. Blinky loves Netflix.

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 14, 2007
  9. jim fisher

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 22:40:20 +0000, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > The Old Sourdough wrote:
    >> On 2007-09-13, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, jim fisher waxed eloquently:
    >>> I am trying to access a program and have been told I must shutoff my
    >>> Firewall and be sure "port 5060 is not blocked". I have looked
    >>> everywhere and I cannot find out how to determine if the port is
    >>> blocked and how to unblock it if it is blocked. Help !!!
    >>> TIA

    >> It may help to resolve your problem if you put a name to this firewall.

    > "I will hug it and I will pet it and I will name it George."

    So you're gonna melt eventually. See if I care :)

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007.1 and Ubuntu 7.04

    the other English teams put together :)