    Link is: http://www.voiptalk.org/reallyvoip

    Bal
    , May 12, 2006

  2. Jim Guest

    Many thanks - have signed up for this free offer :)
    Jim, May 12, 2006

  3. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > Sipgate do a free geo number and do not offer support so
    > i can't see how the voiptalk offer isn't a better offer,
    > especially since they say that they have a support line,
    > although you do need to have made a purchase apparently
    > in order to take advantage of this.

    When you say Sipgate do not offer support, what do you mean..? They do,
    but only by email; you did not say "no telephone support" so if that is
    what you meant, please clarify.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 12, 2006
  4. Guest

    Ivor,

    Sorry, how careless of me. Do you work for sipgate or something? From
    my experience their email support leaves a lot to be desired as well.
    , May 12, 2006
  5. Chris Davies Guest

    wrote:
    > Sipgate do a free geo number and do not offer support [...]

    I've never had anything but good helpful advice from the folks on the
    other end of Sipgate's email support address. They've even obliged when I
    recently asked them to initiate a SIP Peering arrangement with a (fairly)
    large UK ISP.

    Chris
    Chris Davies, May 12, 2006
  6. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Ivor,
    >
    > Sorry, how careless of me. Do you work for sipgate or
    > something? From my experience their email support leaves
    > a lot to be desired as well.

    No, I don't work for them but I have never had a major problem and those I
    have had were quickly sorted.

    Are you a mate of Dex or something..? You two would get along well.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 12, 2006
  7. wrote:
    > Ivor,
    >
    > Sorry, how careless of me. Do you work for sipgate or something? From
    > my experience their email support leaves a lot to be desired as well.

    Either I've been lucky or you haven't.

    Every time I've mailed them (which hasn't been many) I have had swift,
    polite, clued and helpful responses.
    Thomas Kenyon, May 12, 2006
  8. wrote:
    > I bought the Evening Standard newspaper yesterday which came with a
    > booklet called Really Useful Directory. Voiptalk has an offer in there
    > which i signed up to. You get a free geo number, £2 credit and
    > voicemail. They advertise "no contract, no line rental, no monthly fee"
    > so i can only assume that it's completely free.

    This normally costs £2/month from voiptalk, so it's a good offer.
    One thing voiptalk have over sipgate is that you can have your incoming
    calls terminated via IAX2 as well as SIP, although their management
    interface is very basic.
    Thomas Kenyon, May 12, 2006
  9. Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I bought the Evening Standard newspaper yesterday which came with a
    >> booklet called Really Useful Directory. Voiptalk has an offer in there
    >> which i signed up to. You get a free geo number, £2 credit and
    >> voicemail. They advertise "no contract, no line rental, no monthly fee"
    >> so i can only assume that it's completely free.
    >>

    > This normally costs £2/month from voiptalk, so it's a good offer.
    > One thing voiptalk have over sipgate is that you can have your incoming
    > calls terminated via IAX2 as well as SIP, although their management
    > interface is very basic.

    Well, in the time since I wrote that email, I have signed up, configured
    it to work with IAX, configured it with asterisk and tested it.

    Worked, and connection was very quick (rang on my deskphone before the
    first ring noise came out of my mobile, and that includes delays caused
    by things like running an AGI script before using Dial etc.).
    Thomas Kenyon, May 12, 2006
  10. Dave Saville Guest

    Anyone tried logging into their new account other than by the link in the
    registration email?

    The "my account" and "top up" buttons do nothing on both firefox & mozilla.

    www.voiptalk.org/login.php works though.

    Don't tell me - "It works in IE" splutter :-(

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, May 12, 2006
  11. Dave Saville wrote:
    > Anyone tried logging into their new account other than by the link in the
    > registration email?
    >
    > The "my account" and "top up" buttons do nothing on both firefox & mozilla.
    >
    > www.voiptalk.org/login.php works though.
    >
    > Don't tell me - "It works in IE" splutter :-(

    Working here in Firefox 1.5.0.3 and Opera 8.54.

    Are you sure it isn't a cookie or somesuch left over from before the
    account had been confirmed (using the link in the email).
    Thomas Kenyon, May 12, 2006
  12. Dave Saville Guest

    On Fri, 12 May 2006 13:40:49 GMT, Thomas Kenyon wrote:

    >Dave Saville wrote:
    >> Anyone tried logging into their new account other than by the link in the
    >> registration email?
    >>
    >> The "my account" and "top up" buttons do nothing on both firefox & mozilla.
    >>
    >> www.voiptalk.org/login.php works though.
    >>
    >> Don't tell me - "It works in IE" splutter :-(
    >>

    >Working here in Firefox 1.5.0.3 and Opera 8.54.
    >
    >Are you sure it isn't a cookie or somesuch left over from before the
    >account had been confirmed (using the link in the email).

    I opened the link in the email in mozilla and then wondered how one got in
    subsequently. As the link did not appear to work I then tried Firefox 1.5.0.2
    (latest for my platform) and that did not work either.

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, May 12, 2006
  13. Dave Saville Guest

    On Fri, 12 May 2006 14:58:01 +0100 (BST), Dave Saville wrote:

    >On Fri, 12 May 2006 13:40:49 GMT, Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    >
    >>Dave Saville wrote:
    >>> Anyone tried logging into their new account other than by the link in the
    >>> registration email?
    >>>
    >>> The "my account" and "top up" buttons do nothing on both firefox & mozilla.
    >>>
    >>> www.voiptalk.org/login.php works though.
    >>>
    >>> Don't tell me - "It works in IE" splutter :-(
    >>>

    >>Working here in Firefox 1.5.0.3 and Opera 8.54.
    >>
    >>Are you sure it isn't a cookie or somesuch left over from before the
    >>account had been confirmed (using the link in the email).

    >I opened the link in the email in mozilla and then wondered how one got in
    >subsequently. As the link did not appear to work I then tried Firefox 1.5.0.2
    >(latest for my platform) and that did not work either.

    Might have sussed it - I think the whole top part of the page is a Flash
    thingy. I only have Flash 5 (again latest I can get) and that might be the
    explanation.

    Don't you just love web writers who just *have* to use Flash just for frigging
    button effects :-(

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, May 12, 2006
  14. Guest

    Strange. If that doesn't work then use the "My Account" link at the
    bottom!

    I've just got myself a birmingham number, called my colleagues in US
    for an hour and India for 20 mins. I can't fault this. I've just topped
    up £10 credit.
    , May 12, 2006
  15. Virgo17 Guest

    On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:40:31 +0100, Chris Davies
    <> wrote:

    >I've never had anything but good helpful advice from the folks on the
    >other end of Sipgate's email support address. They've even obliged when I
    >recently asked them to initiate a SIP Peering arrangement with a (fairly)
    >large UK ISP.

    At the risk of being a 'me too' merchant, I have to say that I have
    had two dealings with Sipgate support with regard to SMS problems.

    On both occasions the problem was dealt with reasonably quickly and
    both problems rectified. I can only speak as I find companies and
    Sipgate have been fine with me.

    V.
    Virgo17, May 12, 2006
  16. Brian A Guest

    On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:44:51 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I bought the Evening Standard newspaper yesterday which came with a
    >> booklet called Really Useful Directory. Voiptalk has an offer in there
    >> which i signed up to. You get a free geo number, £2 credit and
    >> voicemail. They advertise "no contract, no line rental, no monthly fee"
    >> so i can only assume that it's completely free.
    >>

    >This normally costs £2/month from voiptalk, so it's a good offer.

    + VAT I think. Am I not right though that you can then use the number
    as a DID directed to a SIP address of your choice? That won't be so, I
    assume, with the free number.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, May 12, 2006
  17. Geo Guest

    On 12 May 2006 03:09:19 -0700, wrote:

    >I bought the Evening Standard newspaper yesterday which came with a
    >booklet called Really Useful Directory. Voiptalk has an offer in there
    >which i signed up to. You get a free geo number, £2 credit and
    >voicemail. They advertise "no contract, no line rental, no monthly fee"
    >so i can only assume that it's completely free.
    >
    >Sipgate do a free geo number and do not offer support so i can't see
    >how the voiptalk offer isn't a better offer, especially since they say
    >that they have a support line, although you do need to have made a
    >purchase apparently in order to take advantage of this.
    >
    >Link is: http://www.voiptalk.org/reallyvoip

    After filling in the compulsory information it just loops back asking for the
    (presumably) non-compulsory stuff!
    " Please enter a valid street address
    Please enter a valid postcode
    Please enter a valid value for city
    Please enter a valid value for your telephone number "

    Not impressed...

    Geo
    Geo, May 12, 2006
  18. Brian A wrote:
    > On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:44:51 GMT, Thomas Kenyon
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> I bought the Evening Standard newspaper yesterday which came with a
    >>> booklet called Really Useful Directory. Voiptalk has an offer in there
    >>> which i signed up to. You get a free geo number, £2 credit and
    >>> voicemail. They advertise "no contract, no line rental, no monthly fee"
    >>> so i can only assume that it's completely free.
    >>>

    >> This normally costs £2/month from voiptalk, so it's a good offer.

    > + VAT I think. Am I not right though that you can then use the number
    > as a DID directed to a SIP address of your choice? That won't be so, I
    > assume, with the free number.

    The option is there, and it lets you set it, (not testing it fully).
    Thomas Kenyon, May 12, 2006
  19. TKD Guest

    > I bought the Evening Standard newspaper yesterday which came with a
    > booklet called Really Useful Directory. Voiptalk has an offer in there
    > which i signed up to. You get a free geo number, £2 credit and
    > voicemail. They advertise "no contract, no line rental, no monthly fee"
    > so i can only assume that it's completely free.
    >
    > Sipgate do a free geo number and do not offer support so i can't see
    > how the voiptalk offer isn't a better offer, especially since they say
    > that they have a support line, although you do need to have made a
    > purchase apparently in order to take advantage of this.
    >
    > Link is: http://www.voiptalk.org/reallyvoip

    Many thanks for this. I've just been able to use this free offer to route
    two new geographic numbers to my Sipgate account.
    TKD, May 12, 2006
  20. Brian Guest

    On 2006-05-12, Thomas Kenyon <> wrote:
    > Brian A wrote:
    >> + VAT I think. Am I not right though that you can then use the number
    >> as a DID directed to a SIP address of your choice? That won't be so, I
    >> assume, with the free number.
    >>

    > The option is there, and it lets you set it, (not testing it fully).

    Tested for directing to the usual default SIP port (5060). It works.

    Brian.
    Brian, May 12, 2006