    restore or should she uninstall the operating system? Then is it okay to
    install a new operating system when the problematic one is uninstalled?
    Thanks,

    =?Utf-8?B?amVycnl3bWF1bGRpbg==?=, Aug 29, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?amVycnl3bWF1bGRpbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I would guess that you are in the wrong group and you aren't dealing with a
    64-bit os. May I suggest you post in a group for either the version of
    Windows you have or the one you want to install. Windows is not the right
    one, is not helpful for anyone to help, so I suggest before you post to the
    next group you get the exact message and what OS you currently have
    installed.

    John Barnes, Aug 29, 2007

  3. If you want to see if the copy of Windows you have is legitimate, the
    simplest way is to go to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/ and click on the
    Validate Windows button. If you discover that the copy is not valid (quite
    likely, I fear), then you'll be offered some choices for how to deal with
    it. Ultimately, you'll need to buy a copy of Windows to replace it. Once you
    have, you'll need to install that new copy. There are choices for retaining
    all your settings and installation of other software, but I honestly think
    you'd be well advised to do a fresh, clean, install instead. You have no way
    of knowing what else might be on that computer that you don't want there.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 29, 2007