    Is there any way to tell if someone is piggy-backing on my wireless
    connection other than noticing a slowdown.
    Is there an application that would detect it. Thanks.

    jsimmons88, Jun 17, 2008

  2. AirSnare is one...

    http://home.comcast.net/~jay.deboer/airsnare/

    With that said the real key is using strong encryption like WPA2/WPA and a
    long random key. Personally I protect my home wireless network with WPA-PSK
    (AES) and use a 63-character random ASCII key.

    http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/LAN/SoHoWirelessSecurity.html

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows - Desktop User Experience)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...
    How to ask a question
    http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375