Unattended XP installation

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by SteveH, May 12, 2008.

  1. SteveH

    SteveH Guest

    SteveH, May 12, 2008

  2. SteveH

    dino kwang 6 Guest

    "SteveH" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello
    >
    > I have just been looking at the MCDST 'syllabus' and see that knowledge of
    > an unattended XP installation in required.
    >
    > I wonder if the following is sufficient in order to be able to pass that
    > part of the exam which deals with unattended installations:
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314459
    >
    > Or whether a grasp of something like this (far heavier, I think) is
    > necessary:
    >
    > http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/77/
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Steve

    when i took the exam i had just 2 questions about this kind of installation.
    how you create the file unattended.txt ?
    how you must rename this file (i think it is Winnt.sif)
    dino kwang 6, May 12, 2008

  3. SteveH

    SteveH Guest

    Hello Dino

    Thanks for your reply.

    Well that's not too bad:

    The unattended.txt file is create using the Setup Manager utility (as
    mentioned in the first URL I posted yesterday above), and yes, it is renamed
    Winnt.sif.

    Many thanks again - it gives me a sort-of idea as to the level of the exam.

    Steve
    SteveH, May 13, 2008

  4. >
    > Thanks for your reply.
    >
    > Well that's not too bad:
    >
    > The unattended.txt file is create using the Setup Manager utility (as
    > mentioned in the first URL I posted yesterday above), and yes, it is
    > renamed
    > Winnt.sif.
    >
    > Many thanks again - it gives me a sort-of idea as to the level of the
    > exam.
    >
    > Steve

    this utility is in the deploy.cab folder of WinXP-installationCD.
    that's all right
    dino kwang yang, May 13, 2008