Unattended installation

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by funnysun, Apr 15, 2007.

  1. funnysun

    funnysun Guest

    Hi guys,

    I am trying to install win2k3 server with an answer file
    (winnt.sif). the file is as following

    ;SetupMgrTag
    [Data]
    AutoPartition=1
    Repartiton=1
    MsDosInitiated="0"
    UnattendedInstall="Yes"

    [Unattended]
    UnattendMode=FullUnattended
    OemSkipEula=Yes
    OemPreinstall=No
    TargetPath=\WINDOWS

    [GuiUnattended]
    AdminPassword=*
    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
    OEMSkipRegional=1
    TimeZone=35
    OemSkipWelcome=1

    [UserData]
    ProductKey=xxxxxxxxx
    FullName="mcse"
    OrgName=""
    ComputerName=2k3

    [LicenseFilePrintData]
    AutoMode=PerServer
    AutoUsers=60

    [Identification]
    JoinDomain=mcsa

    [Networking]
    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

    it was created by setup manager, however, windows is not able to find
    harddirve(it's 10G hdd with no partition)
    how should i modify this file to make windows setup find hdd?

    many thx

    funnysun, Apr 15, 2007

  2. funnysun

    funnysun Guest

    On Apr 15, 4:23 am, "funnysun" <> wrote:
    > Hi guys,
    >
    > I am trying to install win2k3 server with an answer file
    > (winnt.sif). the file is as following
    >
    > ;SetupMgrTag
    > [Data]
    > AutoPartition=1
    > Repartiton=1
    > MsDosInitiated="0"
    > UnattendedInstall="Yes"
    >
    > [Unattended]
    > UnattendMode=FullUnattended
    > OemSkipEula=Yes
    > OemPreinstall=No
    > TargetPath=\WINDOWS
    >
    > [GuiUnattended]
    > AdminPassword=*
    > EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
    > OEMSkipRegional=1
    > TimeZone=35
    > OemSkipWelcome=1
    >
    > [UserData]
    > ProductKey=xxxxxxxxx
    > FullName="mcse"
    > OrgName=""
    > ComputerName=2k3
    >
    > [LicenseFilePrintData]
    > AutoMode=PerServer
    > AutoUsers=60
    >
    > [Identification]
    > JoinDomain=mcsa
    >
    > [Networking]
    > InstallDefaultComponents=Yes
    >
    > it was created by setup manager, however, windows is not able to find
    > harddirve(it's 10G hdd with no partition)
    > how should i modify this file to make windows setup find hdd?
    >
    > many thx

    nobody knows??

    funnysun, Apr 15, 2007

  3. funnysun

    AJR Guest

    Quote "...(it's 10G hdd with no partition)..."- again "no partition"?

    AJR, Apr 15, 2007
  4. funnysun

    Tyler Cobb Guest

    Is the hard drive SCSI or hardware RAID?

    Tyler Cobb, Apr 16, 2007