Unattainable nifty items...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Jul 3, 2011.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I've founda few things on teh intarwebs in my time that have been either
    very hard or impossible to (practically) get in this little corner of the
    world.

    Last week I was getting mighty frustrated with the tangle of wires going to
    the half-dozen laptop power bricks next to my desk / 'work area'. I dreamed
    of a world where I wouldn't need all of that extra, unnecessary cabling and
    found the perfect thing! An adapter that does away with the cable between
    the power point and the power brick:

    http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1309651117.jpg

    Now, I might have to space them two sockets apart on a power strip but
    still, that would be great! However, on contacting the company in China for
    a local supplier I'm told there isn't one but I'm welcome to buy wholesale
    from the factory at ~90c US per item! Wooohooo! I figured I'd have me a
    couple of dozen of those as I know friends who could use one too.

    Then I got hit with the MOQ.... 5,000 units plus $200 shipping.

    Oh well, it looks like I'll be putting up with the spaghetti tangle of
    cables for the foreseeable future. :-(
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    ~misfit~, Jul 3, 2011

  2. In article <iuobdv$sq7$>,
    says...

    > I've founda few things on teh intarwebs in my time that have been either
    > very hard or impossible to (practically) get in this little corner of the
    > world.
    >
    > Last week I was getting mighty frustrated with the tangle of wires going to
    > the half-dozen laptop power bricks next to my desk / 'work area'. I dreamed
    > of a world where I wouldn't need all of that extra, unnecessary cabling and
    > found the perfect thing! An adapter that does away with the cable between
    > the power point and the power brick:
    >
    > http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1309651117.jpg
    >
    > Now, I might have to space them two sockets apart on a power strip but
    > still, that would be great! However, on contacting the company in China for
    > a local supplier I'm told there isn't one but I'm welcome to buy wholesale
    > from the factory at ~90c US per item! Wooohooo! I figured I'd have me a
    > couple of dozen of those as I know friends who could use one too.
    >
    > Then I got hit with the MOQ.... 5,000 units plus $200 shipping.
    >
    > Oh well, it looks like I'll be putting up with the spaghetti tangle of
    > cables for the foreseeable future. :-(

    http://www.bradreese.com/images/example-cable-mess.jpg

    There's a product available, it's basically like a coiled spring, made from a
    flat plastic strip that you can wrap around your cables to tie them all
    together into one trunk. Unfortunately I don't know what it's called ... I have
    something like that for the hydraulic hoses on my postdriver. Keeps things
    tidy, stops things snagging and gives considerable physical protection. I am
    sure I have seen something similar for cables, but not sure what exact terms to
    google for.

    Another thing that works fine is velcro cable ties. I have some of those.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 3, 2011

  3. ~misfit~

    victor Guest

    On 3/07/2011 1:56 p.m., Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article<iuobdv$sq7$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> I've founda few things on teh intarwebs in my time that have been either
    >> very hard or impossible to (practically) get in this little corner of the
    >> world.
    >>
    >> Last week I was getting mighty frustrated with the tangle of wires going to
    >> the half-dozen laptop power bricks next to my desk / 'work area'. I dreamed
    >> of a world where I wouldn't need all of that extra, unnecessary cabling and
    >> found the perfect thing! An adapter that does away with the cable between
    >> the power point and the power brick:
    >>
    >> http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1309651117.jpg
    >>
    >> Now, I might have to space them two sockets apart on a power strip but
    >> still, that would be great! However, on contacting the company in China for
    >> a local supplier I'm told there isn't one but I'm welcome to buy wholesale
    >> from the factory at ~90c US per item! Wooohooo! I figured I'd have me a
    >> couple of dozen of those as I know friends who could use one too.
    >>
    >> Then I got hit with the MOQ.... 5,000 units plus $200 shipping.
    >>
    >> Oh well, it looks like I'll be putting up with the spaghetti tangle of
    >> cables for the foreseeable future. :-(

    > http://www.bradreese.com/images/example-cable-mess.jpg
    >
    > There's a product available, it's basically like a coiled spring, made from a
    > flat plastic strip that you can wrap around your cables to tie them all
    > together into one trunk. Unfortunately I don't know what it's called ... I have
    > something like that for the hydraulic hoses on my postdriver. Keeps things
    > tidy, stops things snagging and gives considerable physical protection. I am
    > sure I have seen something similar for cables, but not sure what exact terms to
    > google for.
    >
    > Another thing that works fine is velcro cable ties. I have some of those.
    >
    > -P.

    spiral wrap
    http://www.dcgreen.co.nz/node/143
    braid sleeve
    http://www.techflex.co.nz

    victor, Jul 3, 2011
  4. ~misfit~

    Greg Guest

    On 3/07/2011 1:56 p.m., Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article<iuobdv$sq7$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> I've founda few things on teh intarwebs in my time that have been either
    >> very hard or impossible to (practically) get in this little corner of the
    >> world.
    >>
    >> Last week I was getting mighty frustrated with the tangle of wires going to
    >> the half-dozen laptop power bricks next to my desk / 'work area'. I dreamed
    >> of a world where I wouldn't need all of that extra, unnecessary cabling and
    >> found the perfect thing! An adapter that does away with the cable between
    >> the power point and the power brick:
    >>
    >> http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1309651117.jpg
    >>
    >> Now, I might have to space them two sockets apart on a power strip but
    >> still, that would be great! However, on contacting the company in China for
    >> a local supplier I'm told there isn't one but I'm welcome to buy wholesale
    >> from the factory at ~90c US per item! Wooohooo! I figured I'd have me a
    >> couple of dozen of those as I know friends who could use one too.
    >>
    >> Then I got hit with the MOQ.... 5,000 units plus $200 shipping.
    >>
    >> Oh well, it looks like I'll be putting up with the spaghetti tangle of
    >> cables for the foreseeable future. :-(

    > http://www.bradreese.com/images/example-cable-mess.jpg
    >
    > There's a product available, it's basically like a coiled spring, made from a
    > flat plastic strip that you can wrap around your cables to tie them all

    It's called spiral binding, I'm sure places like dick smith will sell
    them, but most electrical wholesalers also sell it.

    Greg, Jul 3, 2011
  5. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article <iuobdv$sq7$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> I've founda few things on teh intarwebs in my time that have been
    >> either very hard or impossible to (practically) get in this little
    >> corner of the world.
    >>
    >> Last week I was getting mighty frustrated with the tangle of wires
    >> going to the half-dozen laptop power bricks next to my desk / 'work
    >> area'. I dreamed of a world where I wouldn't need all of that extra,
    >> unnecessary cabling and found the perfect thing! An adapter that
    >> does away with the cable between the power point and the power brick:
    >>
    >> http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1309651117.jpg
    >>
    >> Now, I might have to space them two sockets apart on a power strip
    >> but still, that would be great! However, on contacting the company
    >> in China for a local supplier I'm told there isn't one but I'm
    >> welcome to buy wholesale from the factory at ~90c US per item!
    >> Wooohooo! I figured I'd have me a couple of dozen of those as I know
    >> friends who could use one too.
    >>
    >> Then I got hit with the MOQ.... 5,000 units plus $200 shipping.
    >>
    >> Oh well, it looks like I'll be putting up with the spaghetti tangle
    >> of cables for the foreseeable future. :-(

    > http://www.bradreese.com/images/example-cable-mess.jpg
    >
    > There's a product available, it's basically like a coiled spring,
    > made from a flat plastic strip that you can wrap around your cables
    > to tie them all together into one trunk. Unfortunately I don't know
    > what it's called ... I have something like that for the hydraulic
    > hoses on my postdriver. Keeps things tidy, stops things snagging and
    > gives considerable physical protection. I am sure I have seen
    > something similar for cables, but not sure what exact terms to google
    > for.

    I used to use it for my first home theater setup.

    > Another thing that works fine is velcro cable ties. I have some of
    > those.

    Yep, thanks Peter. I've used both methods. The situation is that I don't
    need the cable between the plug and the brick, there's plenty of DC cable
    out of the brick to the laptops. I know I could just coil up all this
    un-needed stuff or tidy it up any number of ways but the laptops, and
    therefore power-bricks change from day-to-day.... <shrug> I just thought it
    was a good idea and wouldn't have minded a few.

    Best,

    ~misfit~, Jul 3, 2011
  6. In article <iuobdv$sq7$>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >I've founda few things on teh intarwebs in my time that have been either
    >very hard or impossible to (practically) get in this little corner of the
    >world.

    Oh yeah - and not just bits and pieces of techy stuff, but things in
    suppliers catalogs too !
    We tried to order the panasonic VHS/DVD/HD recorder, which was listed in the
    catalog. After 6 ish months, we were told "that model won't be coming into
    NZ". No reason why not either, which was particularly infuriating. <sigh>

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 4, 2011
  7. In article <>, Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    (snip)
    >There's a product available, it's basically like a coiled spring, made from a
    >flat plastic strip that you can wrap around your cables to tie them all
    >together into one trunk. Unfortunately I don't know what it's called ... I have

    Yeah those are neat (literally :) ). Worth checking out some of the $2 shops
    too ... they sometimes have it far cheaper than the 'established suppliers'.
    :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 4, 2011
  8. ~misfit~

    victor Guest

    On 3/07/2011 4:52 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Peter Huebner wrote:
    >> In article<iuobdv$sq7$>,
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>> I've founda few things on teh intarwebs in my time that have been
    >>> either very hard or impossible to (practically) get in this little
    >>> corner of the world.
    >>>
    >>> Last week I was getting mighty frustrated with the tangle of wires
    >>> going to the half-dozen laptop power bricks next to my desk / 'work
    >>> area'. I dreamed of a world where I wouldn't need all of that extra,
    >>> unnecessary cabling and found the perfect thing! An adapter that
    >>> does away with the cable between the power point and the power brick:
    >>>
    >>> http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1309651117.jpg
    >>>
    >>> Now, I might have to space them two sockets apart on a power strip
    >>> but still, that would be great! However, on contacting the company
    >>> in China for a local supplier I'm told there isn't one but I'm
    >>> welcome to buy wholesale from the factory at ~90c US per item!
    >>> Wooohooo! I figured I'd have me a couple of dozen of those as I know
    >>> friends who could use one too.
    >>>
    >>> Then I got hit with the MOQ.... 5,000 units plus $200 shipping.
    >>>
    >>> Oh well, it looks like I'll be putting up with the spaghetti tangle
    >>> of cables for the foreseeable future. :-(

    >> http://www.bradreese.com/images/example-cable-mess.jpg
    >>
    >> There's a product available, it's basically like a coiled spring,
    >> made from a flat plastic strip that you can wrap around your cables
    >> to tie them all together into one trunk. Unfortunately I don't know
    >> what it's called ... I have something like that for the hydraulic
    >> hoses on my postdriver. Keeps things tidy, stops things snagging and
    >> gives considerable physical protection. I am sure I have seen
    >> something similar for cables, but not sure what exact terms to google
    >> for.

    > I used to use it for my first home theater setup.
    >
    >> Another thing that works fine is velcro cable ties. I have some of
    >> those.

    > Yep, thanks Peter. I've used both methods. The situation is that I don't
    > need the cable between the plug and the brick, there's plenty of DC cable
    > out of the brick to the laptops. I know I could just coil up all this
    > un-needed stuff or tidy it up any number of ways but the laptops, and
    > therefore power-bricks change from day-to-day....<shrug> I just thought it
    > was a good idea and wouldn't have minded a few.
    >
    > Best,

    0.3m clover power leads are available from dynamix, I use them on my own
    PSUs.
    http://www.dynamix.co.nz/index.html?do=viewproduct&code=C-POWERNC03&ID=5293479
    Their range is widely distributed to electrical wholesalers.

    victor, Jul 4, 2011
  9. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:
    > On 3/07/2011 4:52 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Peter Huebner wrote:
    >>> In article<iuobdv$sq7$>,
    >>> says...

    [snip]

    > 0.3m clover power leads are available from dynamix, I use them on my
    > own PSUs.
    > http://www.dynamix.co.nz/index.html?do=viewproduct&code=C-POWERNC03&ID=5293479
    > Their range is widely distributed to electrical wholesalers.

    Thanks. I have at least one of those somewhere. I appreciate all of the
    replies but they seem to miss my main point; With these 'adapters' I
    wouldn't need leads at all. I'd just have an eight-way power-strip with an
    adapter plugged in every second socket. No need for a lead at all.

    LOL, the rest of my home is a functioning mess, it's not that big a deal
    that I can't tidy up that one little area in such an elegant way. I was
    mostly just having a bitch at the fact that, in this 'global village', I
    need to buy 3,000 of an item (that is *exactly* what I want) when I only
    want ~10 tops.

    Ho-hum. Maybe there's a supplier in Aussie who sells them retail....

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Jul 4, 2011
  10. ~misfit~

    victor Guest

    On 4/07/2011 2:26 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:

    > [snip]
    >
    >> 0.3m clover power leads are available from dynamix, I use them on my
    >> own PSUs.
    >> http://www.dynamix.co.nz/index.html?do=viewproduct&code=C-POWERNC03&ID=5293479
    >> Their range is widely distributed to electrical wholesalers.

    > Thanks. I have at least one of those somewhere. I appreciate all of the
    > replies but they seem to miss my main point; With these 'adapters' I
    > wouldn't need leads at all. I'd just have an eight-way power-strip with an
    > adapter plugged in every second socket. No need for a lead at all.
    >
    > LOL, the rest of my home is a functioning mess, it's not that big a deal
    > that I can't tidy up that one little area in such an elegant way. I was
    > mostly just having a bitch at the fact that, in this 'global village', I
    > need to buy 3,000 of an item (that is *exactly* what I want) when I only
    > want ~10 tops.
    >
    > Ho-hum. Maybe there's a supplier in Aussie who sells them retail....
    >
    > Cheers,

    Yeah its a valid bitching point.
    Its just that Australasia has its own power plug and isn't a big market
    compared to the rest of the world.
    If you were to use the universal IEC powerstrip you could use IEC to
    clover adapters
    http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3109

    victor, Jul 4, 2011
  11. ~misfit~

    victor Guest

    On 4/07/2011 2:26 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:

    > [snip]
    >
    >> 0.3m clover power leads are available from dynamix, I use them on my
    >> own PSUs.
    >> http://www.dynamix.co.nz/index.html?do=viewproduct&code=C-POWERNC03&ID=5293479
    >> Their range is widely distributed to electrical wholesalers.

    > Thanks. I have at least one of those somewhere. I appreciate all of the
    > replies but they seem to miss my main point; With these 'adapters' I
    > wouldn't need leads at all. I'd just have an eight-way power-strip with an
    > adapter plugged in every second socket. No need for a lead at all.
    >
    > LOL, the rest of my home is a functioning mess, it's not that big a deal
    > that I can't tidy up that one little area in such an elegant way. I was
    > mostly just having a bitch at the fact that, in this 'global village', I
    > need to buy 3,000 of an item (that is *exactly* what I want) when I only
    > want ~10 tops.
    >
    > Ho-hum. Maybe there's a supplier in Aussie who sells them retail....
    >
    > Cheers,

    I found a US online source for single items
    http://www.sfcable.com/YL-3514.html
    I didn't look at their shipping.

    victor, Jul 4, 2011
  12. In article <iur8dk$fj5$>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    (snip)
    >LOL, the rest of my home is a functioning mess, it's not that big a deal
    >that I can't tidy up that one little area in such an elegant way. I was
    >mostly just having a bitch at the fact that, in this 'global village', I
    >need to buy 3,000 of an item (that is *exactly* what I want) when I only
    >want ~10 tops.
    >
    >Ho-hum. Maybe there's a supplier in Aussie who sells them retail....

    You could forward the link to some wholesalers/retailers here and see if
    they want to buy a few ... of course, then they'll be $10 each instead of
    90c. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 4, 2011
  13. In article <iutjhr$l7l$>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    (snip)
    >> You could forward the link to some wholesalers/retailers here and see
    >> if
    >> they want to buy a few ... of course, then they'll be $10 each
    >> instead of 90c. :) :)

    >Heh! Yeah. For a moment I dared dream that *I* could possibly be the one who
    >made the huge profit. As it stands I'd settle for just getting a few at a
    >reasonable price. I couldn't talk the supplier into sending me some samples
    >before I ponied up over US$2K (at least I haven't heard back about my
    >proposal). Maybe I should try harder?

    Having dealt with many overseas companies over many years, I am left with a
    single conclusion. No one cares. The larger the company, the more this tends
    to be so ... yes there are exceptions. The problem gets worse if the company
    has an Aus supplier - they are (IME) the worst to deal with - they *really*
    don't care. :)

    As to making a huge profit by importing and on selling ... unlikely unless
    the price break is significant.
    Speed seems to be everything these days (though I still have no idea why :)
    ) ... and this is more likely to be so in the tech area (today's "wow" is
    tomorrows "why would I want one of those when I can get one of these?").
    With speed comes extraordinary freight costs (though they are often high
    anyway) ... and more and more organisations aren't interested in sending
    things by post (despite my experience of this usually being the fastest
    *and* cheapest delivery method), if they will even send them to NZ at all
    (someone else's recent amazon experience).

    Anyway, good luck. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 5, 2011
  14. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:
    > On 4/07/2011 2:26 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:

    [snip]
    >> Ho-hum. Maybe there's a supplier in Aussie who sells them retail....

    > Yeah its a valid bitching point.

    Heh! I never let a valid bitching point go by. ;-)

    > Its just that Australasia has its own power plug and isn't a big
    > market compared to the rest of the world.

    Yeahbut they made these things already for the Australasian market so you'd
    think that *someone* in NZ would be importing them?

    > If you were to use the universal IEC powerstrip you could use IEC to
    > clover adapters
    > http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=3109

    True. However that'd cost and arm and a buttock. <g>

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Jul 5, 2011
  15. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs victor wrote:
    > On 4/07/2011 2:26 p.m., ~misfit~ wrote:

    [snip]
    >> Ho-hum. Maybe there's a supplier in Aussie who sells them retail....

    > I found a US online source for single items
    > http://www.sfcable.com/YL-3514.html

    That's the buggers! Same part number (which I obfuscated in my earlier pic
    on the tiny chance there was an opportunity for me to make a buck....
    Unfortunately I don't have the dosh for the MOQ of 3K units [even though
    they've sent me the invoice etc already] and aren't sure I could move them
    anyway).

    http://www.yung-li.com.tw/en/products/adpt_australia.htm

    Odd that they'd be selling an Australasian power adapter in the US. <shrug>

    > I didn't look at their shipping.

    Nor I. The US$0.680 bulk price has already increased four-fold and shipping
    from the US is notorius for it's astronomical prices.

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Jul 5, 2011
  16. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    ~misfit~, Jul 5, 2011
  17. ~misfit~

    Richard Guest

    On 7/3/2011 11:59 AM, ~misfit~ wrote:
    > I've founda few things on teh intarwebs in my time that have been either
    > very hard or impossible to (practically) get in this little corner of the
    > world.
    >
    > Last week I was getting mighty frustrated with the tangle of wires going to
    > the half-dozen laptop power bricks next to my desk / 'work area'. I dreamed
    > of a world where I wouldn't need all of that extra, unnecessary cabling and
    > found the perfect thing! An adapter that does away with the cable between
    > the power point and the power brick:
    >
    > http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1309651117.jpg
    >
    > Now, I might have to space them two sockets apart on a power strip but
    > still, that would be great! However, on contacting the company in China for
    > a local supplier I'm told there isn't one but I'm welcome to buy wholesale
    > from the factory at ~90c US per item! Wooohooo! I figured I'd have me a
    > couple of dozen of those as I know friends who could use one too.
    >
    > Then I got hit with the MOQ.... 5,000 units plus $200 shipping.
    >
    > Oh well, it looks like I'll be putting up with the spaghetti tangle of
    > cables for the foreseeable future. :-(

    Problem with things like that is you have no idea if it will meet AS3112
    specs as you dont know what will be plugged into it, so therefore the
    weight etc of it, and plugs falling out is part of the test (so I have
    no idea how any of the crap powerstrips should pass)

    Also plugs, sockets etc are items that require approval, not just self
    certification before you can sell them, that's why they all have the
    Nxxxxx etc numbers on them, its the state or NZ that they got approval in.

    There is an ebay seller who sells similar items if you do want them
    desperately however, will look them up later when I get time.

    Richard, Jul 5, 2011
  18. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <iutjhr$l7l$>, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > (snip)
    >>> You could forward the link to some wholesalers/retailers here and
    >>> see if
    >>> they want to buy a few ... of course, then they'll be $10 each
    >>> instead of 90c. :) :)

    >> Heh! Yeah. For a moment I dared dream that *I* could possibly be the
    >> one who made the huge profit. As it stands I'd settle for just
    >> getting a few at a reasonable price. I couldn't talk the supplier
    >> into sending me some samples before I ponied up over US$2K (at least
    >> I haven't heard back about my proposal). Maybe I should try harder?

    > Having dealt with many overseas companies over many years, I am left
    > with a
    > single conclusion. No one cares. The larger the company, the more
    > this tends
    > to be so ... yes there are exceptions. The problem gets worse if the
    > company
    > has an Aus supplier - they are (IME) the worst to deal with - they
    > *really*
    > don't care. :)
    >
    > As to making a huge profit by importing and on selling ... unlikely
    > unless
    > the price break is significant.

    Yeah, it was a bit of a dream, The MOQ is too high to just on-sell them on
    Trademe and I think that the market for them would be quite 'niche', meaning
    I'd be unlikely to be able to sell them by the hundred to places like
    Bunnings or DSE...

    > Speed seems to be everything these days (though I still have no idea
    > why :) ) ... and this is more likely to be so in the tech area
    > (today's "wow" is
    > tomorrows "why would I want one of those when I can get one of
    > these?").
    > With speed comes extraordinary freight costs (though they are often
    > high
    > anyway) ... and more and more organisations aren't interested in
    > sending
    > things by post (despite my experience of this usually being the
    > fastest *and* cheapest delivery method), if they will even send them
    > to NZ at all (someone else's recent amazon experience).
    >
    > Anyway, good luck. :)

    Thanks Bruce. :) I've just sent them another email requesting samples.
    Can't hurt to be cheeky..... At least I hope not!

    LOL, just got a return email from them as I was typing. They will send me
    five samples at a cost of US$200, which will be credited back to me once
    I've sold 30K units!

    Yeah, right. I might have a look on Dealextreme.....

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Jul 5, 2011
  19. In article <iutv0j$d3m$>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    (snip)

    >Thanks Bruce. :) I've just sent them another email requesting samples.
    >Can't hurt to be cheeky..... At least I hope not!
    >
    >LOL, just got a return email from them as I was typing. They will send me
    >five samples at a cost of US$200, which will be credited back to me once
    >I've sold 30K units!
    >Yeah, right. I might have a look on Dealextreme.....

    LOL. :) They've obviously played that game before :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jul 5, 2011
  20. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <iutv0j$d3m$>, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote: (snip)
    >
    >> Thanks Bruce. :) I've just sent them another email requesting
    >> samples. Can't hurt to be cheeky..... At least I hope not!
    >>
    >> LOL, just got a return email from them as I was typing. They will
    >> send me five samples at a cost of US$200, which will be credited
    >> back to me once I've sold 30K units!
    >> Yeah, right. I might have a look on Dealextreme.....

    > LOL. :) They've obviously played that game before :) :)

    Heh! It would seem so. :-/ I mean, if they'd just point me to an
    Australasian retailer I'd be happy..... Preferably NZ but it's not *too*
    expensive to get stuff sent across the Tasman. I have a nephew in IT who'd
    get it for me.

    Best,

    ~misfit~, Jul 5, 2011