    I'm a failed Christian and if I'm goin' to Hell
    There's one thing for sure, you're gonna be there as well!

    ( Henry McCullough)

    eugene, Mar 6, 2004

  2. eugene

    Spider Guest

    eugene wrote:
    > Please somebody be able to help me. Everything was going okay this morning
    > until I had a sudden freeze (I presume I picked something up). Ever since, I
    > cannot get my IE to open. As a matter of fact, anything I try to do seems to
    > be unable to complete the task. eg I tried to reset my IE to default and
    > when I press enter, there is no response. Same thing when I try to set my
    > default start-up settings. I have run two different Virus scans and nothing
    > is showing up. Can anybody give me any advice (if this post is delivered)
    > Eugene

    Go to www.spywareinfo.com and read a little bit. You will find the tools
    necessary to scan and eliminate spyware. I recommend running both
    Ad-aware and Spybot, along with Hijack This, and CW Shredder. In your
    particular case, when running Hijack This pay attention to the 02 BHO's.
    Removing them will probably fix your IE problem. Then install Spyware
    Blaster and Spy Guard. Most people won't take the time to READ about all
    of these tools before using them, but one really should do so.

    --

    Spider
    http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/spiderweb1.htm

    Spider, Mar 6, 2004

  3. eugene

    °Mike° Guest

    Start here: Basic computer maintenance

    Spybot Search & Destroy
    http://spybot.eon.net.au/
    http://www.safer-networking.org/
    http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
    SpyBot S&D guide

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
    http://www.lavasoft.nu/

    Spyware Blaster

    CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
    http://doxdesk.com/parasite/CoolWebSearch.html

    If merijn.org is out of action, you can get new update
    from one of the links below:
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?H24932667
    http://www.zerosrealm.com/downloads/CWShredder.zip
    http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/cwshred15.zip
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/tools/CWShredder.exe

    Online Antivirus scanners:
    ================
    http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/ [See ****]
    http://www.drweb-online.com/en/online_check.asp

    **** Caveat:
    http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2003-07/0240.html

    On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 14:50:30 +0000 (UTC), in
    <c2cofm$7fb$>
    eugene scrawled:

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD