Unable to update video driver on Dell Inspiron 6000

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Oct 7, 2007.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    I have a Inspiron 6000 Laptop running XP Pro with video card:
    Video CardIntegrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 GraphicsINTVID .

    I've downloaded the latest drivers from both Dell's site and Intel's
    site.

    Downloading from Intel's site says the installation says "An unknown
    error has occured. Setup will exit."

    Downloading the driver from Dell's site, it gets through copying all
    the files, then says Access Is Denied.

    Tried in Safe mode, same results.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    Evan

    Evan Platt, Oct 7, 2007

  2. Evan Platt

    Sano Guest

    - Evan Platt <> - wrote in

    > I have a Inspiron 6000 Laptop running XP Pro with video card:
    > Video CardIntegrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 GraphicsINTVID .
    >
    > I've downloaded the latest drivers from both Dell's site and Intel's
    > site.
    >
    > Downloading from Intel's site says the installation says "An unknown
    > error has occured. Setup will exit."
    >
    > Downloading the driver from Dell's site, it gets through copying all
    > the files, then says Access Is Denied.
    >
    > Tried in Safe mode, same results.

    $0.02
    Have you removed all vid cards from whatever Device Manager is called
    in XP? It'll probably wanna reboot.

    Sano, Oct 7, 2007

  3. Evan Platt

    JANA Guest

    Un install the drivers and software for your display card. Then re-install.

    Better yet, call DELL customer support. They may have a suggestion that is
    best.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Oct 7, 2007
  4. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 23:37:56 -0000, Sano <> wrote:

    >$0.02
    >Have you removed all vid cards from whatever Device Manager is called
    >in XP? It'll probably wanna reboot.

    Yep. It then readds the older drivers. :(

    Evan Platt, Oct 7, 2007
  5. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 21:08:33 -0400, "JANA" <>
    wrote:

    >Un install the drivers and software for your display card. Then re-install.

    Tried that, same errors. :( Even in safe mode.

    >Better yet, call DELL customer support. They may have a suggestion that is
    >best.

    I doubt it.. Plus I'm out of the free support period AFAIK.

    Evan Platt, Oct 7, 2007
  6. Evan Platt

    chuckcar Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote in

    > I have a Inspiron 6000 Laptop running XP Pro with video card:
    > Video CardIntegrated Intel® Media Accelerator 900 GraphicsINTVID .
    >
    > I've downloaded the latest drivers from both Dell's site and Intel's
    > site.
    >
    > Downloading from Intel's site says the installation says "An unknown
    > error has occured. Setup will exit."
    >
    > Downloading the driver from Dell's site, it gets through copying all
    > the files, then says Access Is Denied.
    >
    > Tried in Safe mode, same results.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Evan

    Uninstall the intel drivers and leave *only* the dell drivers.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 7, 2007
  7. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 10:38:33 -0400, chuckcar <> wrote:

    >Uninstall the intel drivers and leave *only* the dell drivers.

    Even tried in safe mode. If I remove the drivers, as soon as I reboot
    XP reinstalls with the proper Intel drivers. If I uninstall the
    drivers and then run the setup.exe, it gives me an error about a
    missing file? Doesn't even start to copy files over. (Yeah, I didn't
    write down the error, but it was incredibly vague - "One or more files
    is missing" or something. Nothing specific.

    Evan Platt, Oct 8, 2007