Unable to remove or add files to WMP on Windows 7 x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Jon Mitchell, Sep 9, 2010.

  1. Jon Mitchell

    Jon Mitchell Guest

    Hi,

    Recently, I have found that I am unable to add or remove video files to or
    from Windows Media Player on Windows 7 Professional x64.

    The main issue I have is with adding new .MP4 files.

    I can still add and remove music files to and from Windows Media Player.

    I have set up all my folder permissions correctly.

    I have added all the relevant files to my Videos Library.

    Windows Media Player can still play .MP4 files. It is the default player
    for this format.

    My full system specs. are included below.

    Thank you.

    --
    BadHead :)
    --

    OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)
    Office Suite: Microsoft Office 2003 Professional SP3

    Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula
    CPU: AMD Phenom I I X4 965 Black Edition
    RAM: 8Gb
    GPU: Asus Matrix 5870 Platinum Edition
    SSD: OcZ Vertex 90Gb; HDD: 5.60Tb
    ===