    wish i could use the intel wifi manager, but for corporate reasons am limited
    to using the windows wifi manager

    VV

    VincentVega, Dec 25, 2008

  2. Some computers BIOS may have sleep mode turned off. If they are Vista, you
    may check this search result.
    Vista Wireless Issues
    Vista wireless slow Issue · Vista Wireless lost after sleep · Windows
    Vista wireless issues · Windows Wireless Service Not Running on Vista ...
    www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistawireless.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Dec 25, 2008

  3. VincentVega

    Pavel A. Guest

    VincentVega wrote:
    > after my laptop goes to sleep, i cant reconnect to the wireless network
    > unless i restart the machine. coming out of hiberation - the wireless zero
    > config process stops and has to be manually restarted. even after that,
    > attempts to reconnect to my access point seem successful (the wifi panel
    > shows connectivity) but there really isn't a working connection
    >
    > any thoughts on how i can debug this. i've had the same problem on a compaq
    > 2510 p and a sony vaio. so am thinking this is a windows config problem. i
    > wish i could use the intel wifi manager, but for corporate reasons am limited
    > to using the windows wifi manager
    >
    > VV

    Corporate laptops => your IT could install some
    so called "security" software that interferes with WZC - ask them.
    If you are the IT, contact Sony or HP, or
    vendors of the "security" stuff.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Dec 28, 2008