    'pop3.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error
    Number: 0x800CCC0F"

    have not been able to use server for a long time - any ideas

    steve.kiely1, Feb 3, 2004

  2. steve.kiely1

    Boomer Guest

    "steve.kiely1" <> wrote in
    news:bvonkb$14m$:

    > It appears that it is receiving mail, but nothing happens, then
    > this window appears
    >
    > "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
    > causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a
    > long period of inactivity.

    Because of the above message, I would contact BTOpenWorld.
    Looks like they are having problems.

    Do they have local news groups you can read through or ask a question
    at? E-mail their support department?

    Boomer, Feb 3, 2004

  3. steve.kiely1

    Smirnoff Guest

    steve.kiely1 wrote:
    > It appears that it is receiving mail, but nothing happens, then this
    > window appears
    >
    > "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
    > causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
    > period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server:
    > 'pop3.norton.antivirus', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
    > Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"
    >

    > have not been able to use server for a long time - any ideas

    Same here. It's most likely to be a server problem (again!)
    Best to wait a while longer.

    Smirnoff, Feb 3, 2004
  4. steve.kiely1

    °Mike° Guest

    Uninstall Norton Antivirus and install one that doesn't
    take over your email settings.

    On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:00:43 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bvonkb$14m$>
    steve.kiely1 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance