    Thank you

    PS-I have also installed Norton Antivirus 2005 on the laptop recently, could
    this be the cause of my problem?
    =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=, Dec 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=

    Bill Whipple Guest

    You may want to take a look at the article:

    http://www.itcsg.com/Tech/Sharing.shtml

    HTH,
    --
    WLW

    Bill Whipple, Dec 12, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=

    Malke Guest

    Durbanator wrote:

    > I have setup up a network in my house using a wired desktop & a
    > wireless laptop pc's. The desktop is connected to the internet via a
    > router & modem. It also has a HP deskjet printer connected to it. When
    > the LAN was first setup I was able to print using both pc's. Now I can
    > only print using the desktop pc & under ''printers & faxes'' in the
    > ''Control Panel'' of my laptop I have an ''Unable to connect'' message
    > appearing under my printer, which is also the default printer. I'm
    > running Windows XP Pro on both systems....what can be the problem &
    > the solution?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > PS-I have also installed Norton Antivirus 2005 on the laptop recently,
    > could this be the cause of my problem?

    Yes, NAV has Internet Worm Protection which is a simple firewall. It
    could be conflicting with whatever firewall you were using before. Turn
    off NAV's IWP and continue using your original firewall. We know your
    original firewall was configured correctly since you could previously
    share the printer.

    If that doesn't work, make sure you actually added the printer to your
    laptop. XP does this automatic search for printers and if the drivers
    are available, you don't have to do anything more. Sometimes you need
    to install the printer, though. Do this with the Add Printer wizard in
    the Printers folder.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com
    Malke, Dec 12, 2005
  4. "Durbanator" wrote:

    > I have setup up a network in my house using a wired desktop & a wireless
    > laptop pc's. The desktop is connected to the internet via a router & modem.
    > It also has a HP deskjet printer connected to it. When the LAN was first
    > setup I was able to print using both pc's. Now I can only print using the
    > desktop pc & under ''printers & faxes'' in the ''Control Panel'' of my laptop
    > I have an ''Unable to connect'' message appearing under my printer, which is
    > also the default printer. I'm running Windows XP Pro on both systems....what
    > can be the problem & the solution?
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > PS-I have also installed Norton Antivirus 2005 on the laptop recently, could
    > this be the cause of my problem?

    Success.......
    Malke, I also had my Zone Alarm Pro firewall disabled & the printing came
    back to life. Thank you & Bill for your assistance.
    =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=, Dec 12, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=

    Malke Guest

    Durbanator wrote:

    > Success.......
    > Malke, I also had my Zone Alarm Pro firewall disabled & the printing
    > came
    > back to life. Thank you & Bill for your assistance.

    You're most welcome. You do have at least one firewall running, yes? You
    need at least one.

    Glad you got it sorted.

    Malke
    Malke, Dec 12, 2005
  6. "Malke" wrote:

    > Durbanator wrote:
    >

    > > Success.......
    > > Malke, I also had my Zone Alarm Pro firewall disabled & the printing
    > > came
    > > back to life. Thank you & Bill for your assistance.

    > You're most welcome. You do have at least one firewall running, yes? You
    > need at least one.
    >
    > Glad you got it sorted.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    I have 2 firewalls running for safety....ie WindowsXP & NAV. Thanks for your
    concern & assistance Malke.
    =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=, Dec 13, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=

    Malke Guest

    Durbanator wrote:

    > I have 2 firewalls running for safety....ie WindowsXP & NAV. Thanks
    > for your concern & assistance Malke.

    You don't need two firewalls running and in fact, that may cause
    problems. If by NAV you mean the Internet Worm Protection, I'd disable
    it and use XP SP2's Windows Firewall. If you mean Norton Internet
    Security firewall, that's a more complete firewall than the WF or NAV's
    IWP.

    Malke
    Malke, Dec 13, 2005
  8. "Malke" wrote:

    > Durbanator wrote:
    >

    > > I have 2 firewalls running for safety....ie WindowsXP & NAV. Thanks
    > > for your concern & assistance Malke.

    > You don't need two firewalls running and in fact, that may cause
    > problems. If by NAV you mean the Internet Worm Protection, I'd disable
    > it and use XP SP2's Windows Firewall. If you mean Norton Internet
    > Security firewall, that's a more complete firewall than the WF or NAV's
    > IWP.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
    > Ok....I'll turn off the IWP & run only the WF, although as I have mentioned before the problem was caused by Zone Alarm Pro.

    I have another question:
    When I try printing my e-mails from my laptop I receive the following notice:
    "A Runtime Error has ocurred. Do you wish to debug?"
    Line: 1343
    Error: unspecified.
    YES or NO

    When I press YES, the debugging process initiates, but it takes forever so
    I end the process. What's your diagnosis on this?
    BTW, I can type the e-mails from my desktop pc without any problems.
    Thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=, Dec 13, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=

    Malke Guest

    Durbanator wrote:

    > I have another question:
    > When I try printing my e-mails from my laptop I receive the following
    > notice: "A Runtime Error has ocurred. Do you wish to debug?"
    > Line: 1343
    > Error: unspecified.
    > YES or NO
    >
    > When I press YES, the debugging process initiates, but it takes
    > forever so I end the process. What's your diagnosis on this?
    > BTW, I can type the e-mails from my desktop pc without any problems.
    > Thanks

    I guess it depends on what email client you're using. If Outlook or
    Outlook Express, post your question (include all pertinent details) in
    one of the newsgroups for those programs. Here is a list of all the MS
    newsgroups and a few for Outlook and OE:

    microsoft.public.outlook.general
    microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

    If you are using a non-MS email program, look for user groups/tech
    support on the program's website.

    Malke
    Malke, Dec 13, 2005
  10. "Malke" wrote:

    > Durbanator wrote:
    >
    > > I have another question:
    > > When I try printing my e-mails from my laptop I receive the following
    > > notice: "A Runtime Error has ocurred. Do you wish to debug?"
    > > Line: 1343
    > > Error: unspecified.
    > > YES or NO
    > >
    > > When I press YES, the debugging process initiates, but it takes
    > > forever so I end the process. What's your diagnosis on this?
    > > BTW, I can type the e-mails from my desktop pc without any problems.
    > > Thanks

    > I guess it depends on what email client you're using. If Outlook or
    > Outlook Express, post your question (include all pertinent details) in
    > one of the newsgroups for those programs. Here is a list of all the MS
    > newsgroups and a few for Outlook and OE:
    >
    > http://aumha.org/nntp.htm - list of MS newsgroups
    > microsoft.public.outlook.general
    > microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
    >
    > If you are using a non-MS email program, look for user groups/tech
    > support on the program's website.
    >
    > Malke
    > --
    > Elephant Boy Computers
    > www.elephantboycomputers.com
    > "Don't Panic!"
    > MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    Thank you for all your help. I'll try that support site.
    =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=, Dec 14, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?RHVyYmFuYXRvcg==?=

    jaycapone

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Im running a linksys wireless home network. My desktop is running WindowXP W/SP2 and I have 2 laptops first one is running Windows XP Pro. and the second is running Windows Vista Ultimate. The laptop with XP is able to find and connec to my printer via the network. But when I go to Printers and faxes and search for printers I am unable to find my printer on the network using the vista machine. Can someone help me?
    jaycapone, Jan 2, 2008