Unable to post to talk.origins - but talk.atheism ok

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Rolf, Apr 7, 2006.

  1. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    Hi,

    I have been unable to post to talk.origins for a long time now, and am
    trying to find out where the problem lies.

    I am using Outlook Express 5.0 and when I click on the tab for selecting
    folder, (inbox, outbox et cetera),
    I find that in the listing of newsgroups under my ISP news server
    (news1.c2i.net) I have the following three newsgroups listed:

    24hoursupport.helpdesk
    talk.atheism
    talk.origins

    But while the two first groups are listed in grey, talk.origins is listed in
    red. Does that mean anything? (I am sure it does, but cannot find anything
    about it in the helpfile.)

    Can you help with this?

    Rolf (Norway)
    Rolf, Apr 7, 2006

  2. Rolf

    beenthere Guest

    "Rolf" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have been unable to post to talk.origins for a long time now, and am
    > trying to find out where the problem lies.
    >
    > I am using Outlook Express 5.0 and when I click on the tab for selecting
    > folder, (inbox, outbox et cetera),
    > I find that in the listing of newsgroups under my ISP news server
    > (news1.c2i.net) I have the following three newsgroups listed:
    >
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > talk.atheism
    > talk.origins
    >
    > But while the two first groups are listed in grey, talk.origins is listed
    > in
    > red. Does that mean anything? (I am sure it does, but cannot find anything
    > about it in the helpfile.)
    >
    > Can you help with this?
    >
    > Rolf (Norway)

    Try Unsubscibe, and then Resubscribe.
    beenthere, Apr 7, 2006

  3. Rolf

    Rolf Guest

    beenthere <> wrote in message

    > "Rolf" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I have been unable to post to talk.origins for a long time now, and am
    > > trying to find out where the problem lies.
    > >
    > > I am using Outlook Express 5.0 and when I click on the tab for selecting
    > > folder, (inbox, outbox et cetera),
    > > I find that in the listing of newsgroups under my ISP news server
    > > (news1.c2i.net) I have the following three newsgroups listed:
    > >
    > > 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > > talk.atheism
    > > talk.origins
    > >
    > > But while the two first groups are listed in grey, talk.origins is

    listed
    > > in
    > > red. Does that mean anything? (I am sure it does, but cannot find

    anything
    > > about it in the helpfile.)
    > >
    > > Can you help with this?
    > >
    > > Rolf (Norway)
    > >

    > Try Unsubscibe, and then Resubscribe.

    I have tried everything thinkable, and am rather certain that the problem is
    not here - so maybe my ISP changed something, they are checking that out
    now.

    In the meantime, there is another solution, if I only can find he right
    mailer program. elm is one such - but it seems to be available for unix
    only. Do you know of a mailer program that I could use instead of Outlook
    Express?

    It must allow me to insert things in the mail header, like a "newsgroups:"
    statement.

    Rolf
    Rolf, Apr 9, 2006