    cannot access a normal Region 1 disc, even in My Computer. It says the
    there is no disc in the drive. Any ideas on this? Thanks in advance!

    Jeremy

    Jeremy Davis, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Jeremy Davis

    Jeremy Davis Guest

    Does anybody have any suggestions on fixing this?

    Jeremy Davis, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Jeremy Davis

    Justin Guest

    Jeremy Davis wrote on [Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:03:20 GMT]:
    > Does anybody have any suggestions on fixing this?

    Try another disc?

    Justin, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Jeremy Davis

    Jeremy Davis Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:14:50 GMT, Justin <> wrote:

    >Jeremy Davis wrote on [Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:03:20 GMT]:
    >> Does anybody have any suggestions on fixing this?

    >Try another disc?

    Cute! Now how bout a real suggestion?!

    Jeremy Davis, Jan 13, 2004
  5. Jeremy Davis

    Biz Guest

    If the second XP Pro box didnt have a DVDROM in it b4, you still have to set
    the region for that OS. Since you arent changing the region on the drive
    itself, I dont think it counts toward the 5 region changes allowed via the
    firmware on the drive. Being a little less of a jerk and showing some
    patience will get you alot farther on usenet as well.

    Biz, Jan 13, 2004
  6. Jeremy Davis

    Jeremy Davis Guest

    On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:23:26 GMT, "Biz" <>
    wrote:

    >If the second XP Pro box didnt have a DVDROM in it b4, you still have to set
    >the region for that OS. Since you arent changing the region on the drive
    >itself, I dont think it counts toward the 5 region changes allowed via the
    >firmware on the drive. Being a little less of a jerk and showing some
    >patience will get you alot farther on usenet as well.

    How am I the jerk? Justin is the one that made a smart remark, not me.
    If I'm gonna get flammed here for simply asking a legitimate question,
    then you're not being very professional in the first place. I know
    what a dummy question is. And yes, I went through those, and searched
    the net including usenet before posting in here.

    Jeremy Davis, Jan 14, 2004
  7. Jeremy Davis

    Justin Guest

    Jeremy Davis wrote on [Tue, 13 Jan 2004 21:35:27 GMT]:
    > On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:14:50 GMT, Justin <> wrote:
    >
    >>Jeremy Davis wrote on [Tue, 13 Jan 2004 17:03:20 GMT]:
    >>> Does anybody have any suggestions on fixing this?

    >>Try another disc?

    > Cute! Now how bout a real suggestion?!

    Actually, that was a real suggestion....

    Have you checked google to see if there's a region changing hack out
    there that may be able to read how it's set?

    OK... When you go into the Device Manager, right click on your DVD ROM
    and select the DVD Region tab.

    What region does it say it is?

    What software have you tried?

    Justin, Jan 14, 2004
  8. Jeremy Davis

    Justin Guest

    Jeremy Davis wrote on [Wed, 14 Jan 2004 02:22:10 GMT]:
    > On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:23:26 GMT, "Biz" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>If the second XP Pro box didnt have a DVDROM in it b4, you still have to set
    >>the region for that OS. Since you arent changing the region on the drive
    >>itself, I dont think it counts toward the 5 region changes allowed via the
    >>firmware on the drive. Being a little less of a jerk and showing some
    >>patience will get you alot farther on usenet as well.

    > How am I the jerk? Justin is the one that made a smart remark, not me.

    That wasn't a smart remark, it was a valid one. Disks go bad.

    > If I'm gonna get flammed here for simply asking a legitimate question,
    > then you're not being very professional in the first place.

    Professional? In an informal newsgroup? Are you kidding? I provided a
    legit course of action.

    > I know
    > what a dummy question is. And yes, I went through those, and searched
    > the net including usenet before posting in here.

    And what did you find? And with USENET one never knows anyone's level of
    competence, either.

    Justin, Jan 14, 2004