    routing table or with the network adapter driver. I've uninstalled and
    reinstalled the network adapter driver but still no joy.

    Where do I go next?

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJnZW50YQ==?=, Nov 2, 2005

  2. On the laptop check firewall and/or third party security software
    configuration.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Nov 2, 2005

  3. Doug

    Thanks very much indeed. I'd forgotten I'd got Norton Internet Security
    running!

    Jeff

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJnZW50YQ==?=, Nov 3, 2005
  4. All,
    Did not see a follow-up, if the suggestion actually fixed Argenta issue?

    I am supporting a client that has this same type of problem. We have done
    many different troubleshooting tactics. Disabled Internet Security and
    Windows firewall between the machines. Ping still does not work. Also
    directX, using Directx DirectPlay will not work, plus connecting to shares
    does not work. All leads to one pc not seeing other local pc's. (If ping
    works, all the rest (Direct Play, connecting to shares should work). Also,
    my supported client can ping their router and they get 4 ping successfuls
    back. In addition, they can ping 127.0.0.1 successfult. Another very
    interesting piece of info is when both pc's or even just one of them boots
    into safe mode with networking, all the pinging works perfectly in all
    scenarios. Lastly, spyware and adware are all clean from pc...in the past
    they were infected by spyware...but all are removed and verified. I have a
    feeling that residual corruption may have been lefty by some of the spyware
    or adware, but don't know what and what to look for. We have tried to
    rebuild tcp/ip via Reinstall of SP2, netsch int ip reset. Nothing has fixed
    it...Please help!

    -Thanks in advance,
    -Rob.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFnb25fUk0=?=, Mar 27, 2006