    2000. I am unable to open the attachment at home as it says it does not have
    a program associated with it. Could anybody advise please?

    Many thanks!

    SF, Jan 25, 2004

  2. SF

    °Mike° Guest

    You need an application, or viewer, that's capable of opening
    Word documents.

    Open Office (free)
    http://www.openoffice.org/

    Word 97/2000 Viewer (Windows 95/98/NT)
    http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/wd97vwr32.aspx

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:56:12 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bv0sfc$et2$>
    SF scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004

  3. SF wrote:
    > A colleague has sent me what I know to be a Word document to my home email.
    > She is using Windows XP and Outlook 2000. I am using Windows 98 and Outlook
    > 2000. I am unable to open the attachment at home as it says it does not have
    > a program associated with it. Could anybody advise please?

    In a nutshell, its a problem with MS-Windows' incompatibility: IIRC the
    use / non-use of a MS-Exchange server for email.

    Tell your colleague to re save the document as TEXT, then attach it.

    *IF* you "need" the doc in MS-Word format, you'll have to see about
    having them check sending prefs for "use MIME".

    Sadly, using the same version of a Microsoft product doesn't guarantee
    you compatibility.

    Aint that a bitch?

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Jan 26, 2004