    Java Icon appears at the left hand corner, then changes to a red X. I have
    tried everything I know to do, no luck. Never had this problem until I got
    my new computer with XP
    Marilyn, Feb 13, 2004

  2. Marilyn

    Jerry G. Guest

    I believe that in Internet Explorer, you must open Tools, Internet Options,
    and then go to security. Buried in there you should find a prompt that will
    give different levels of allowing Java. There are a number of options in
    there that will effect Java, and other types of script operation.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    I have Windows XP and reinstalled Java. Still cannot open a web site. The
    Jerry G., Feb 14, 2004