    Start>Programs>Microsoft Excel, or any other shortcut.

    Is there any way around this, or must I have the Office 2000 disk.

    Thanks for your patience.
    Sue, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Sue

    WormWood Guest

    "Sue" <> wrote in message
    news:n0RWc.511536$...
    > Please forgive and forget my nonsensical post from yesterday.

    Apparently, my
    > problem (being unable to open Excel files from the My Documents

    folder) was
    > caused by an Office 2000 update which I did last weekend. The update

    was not
    > completed because it called for me to insert the Microsoft Office 2000

    disk
    > which I no longer have. Is there any way to "undo" this update?
    >
    > Additionally, I can access Excel files via c:\program files\Microsoft
    > Office\Office\Excel.

    <break>

    Can't help you with the update problem, but as to accessing the file,
    make a shortcut from the above path, rt click on it and confirm the path
    is correct. Drag 'n drop to start button or wherever you'd like.

    </break>

    Just cannot access them via My Computer or

    WormWood, Aug 25, 2004

  3. Sue

    Sue Guest

    Thank you WormWood. I had serious doubts about your solution because none of
    my other shortcuts worked, but creating a new shortcut as you suggested
    worked like a charm. Thanks ever so much.
    Sue, Aug 25, 2004
  4. Sue

    WormWood Guest

    You are welcome.