    tried altering things in Folder options, and it allows me to click,
    but then I can't X out of any window folder that I've opened, and I'm
    forced to use Ctrl+Alt+Del all the time. Is there a way to fix this?
    transient individual, Feb 12, 2004

  2. transient individual

    Trent© Guest

    On 12 Feb 2004 13:16:38 -0800, (transient
    individual) wrote:

    >I can not open any folders like Computer, My Documents, and other
    >folders. I point my mouse to it, click, and nothing happens. I've
    >tried altering things in Folder options, and it allows me to click,
    >but then I can't X out of any window folder that I've opened, and I'm
    >forced to use Ctrl+Alt+Del all the time. Is there a way to fix this?

    Are you using Windows 95?

    Have a nice week...

    Trent

    Trent©, Feb 14, 2004

  3. transient individual

    mario Guest

    (transient individual) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I can not open any folders like Computer, My Documents, and other
    > folders. I point my mouse to it, click, and nothing happens. I've
    > tried altering things in Folder options, and it allows me to click,
    > but then I can't X out of any window folder that I've opened, and I'm
    > forced to use Ctrl+Alt+Del all the time. Is there a way to fix this?

    You might have a programme conflict. to determine this shut dwn all
    programmes running in the backgroung except for explorer and systray,
    next attempt to open the files. If the problem is resolved you will
    have to seek the conflicting programmes by elimination i.e. remove
    half of the background programmes... etc. once the conflict is
    detected remove the programme from start up (msconfig command at RUN)

    Shoud the error persist try clean boot instructions on this will be on
    the http://support.microsoft.com/ search for 'clean boot'

    I hope this was of help

    regards
    mario, Feb 16, 2004
  4. transient individual

    mario Guest

    (transient individual) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I can not open any folders like Computer, My Documents, and other
    > folders. I point my mouse to it, click, and nothing happens. I've
    > tried altering things in Folder options, and it allows me to click,
    > but then I can't X out of any window folder that I've opened, and I'm
    > forced to use Ctrl+Alt+Del all the time. Is there a way to fix this?

    You might have a programme conflict. to determine this shut dwn all
    programmes running in the backgroung exept for explorer and systray,

    mario, Feb 16, 2004