    Can anyone help

    Michael
    , Apr 5, 2007

  2. Flirt Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi There,
    >
    > Hope someone can help me, I have a really annoying thing going on with
    > my computer, If I receive an email + attachment, I can't double click
    > and open attachment from the email. I have to go and save file, open
    > whatever program then find the file and it works
    >
    > The error message is a simple " unable to locate program " when trying
    > to open via email
    >

    > Can anyone help
    >
    > Michael

    "File associations"
    Read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859
    Or in simple terms:
    *RIGHT* click a file that is currently un-associated with a program.
    Select: "Open"
    As the file is not "associated" a dialog will display
    Select: "Select the program from a list"
    In this example lets say it's a media file and you always
    want realplayer to open it, browse and select Realplayer
    then tick: "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
    Flirt, Apr 5, 2007

  3. Evan Platt Guest

    On 5 Apr 2007 02:39:40 -0700, wrote:

    >Hi There,
    >
    >Hope someone can help me, I have a really annoying thing going on with
    >my computer, If I receive an email + attachment, I can't double click
    >and open attachment from the email. I have to go and save file, open
    >whatever program then find the file and it works
    >
    >The error message is a simple " unable to locate program " when trying
    >to open via email

    You don't think it would help to mention what e-mail client you are
    using, and what type of attachment you are trying to open?
    Evan Platt, Apr 5, 2007