    luck. Virus scans have turned up nothing.
    Any suggestions you may have will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!
    jtjanos, Jan 13, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    jtjanos <> wrote:
    :On Saturday, January 8th, several users in our organization started
    :reporting that their Cisco VPN Client had failed.

    Do said users happen to have Automatic Updates set? I'm wondering
    if perhaps one of the microsoft updates zapped something.
    Walter Roberson, Jan 13, 2005

  3. jtjanos

    rave Guest

    can you try launching the application from the location and not the
    desktop icon.
    C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\vpngui.exe
    Please analyse this and update me.
    rave, Jan 14, 2005
  4. jtjanos

    Mike Nichols Guest

    Many users are also having the same problem.. We're using Client 4.0.2B
    on Win2K. Cisco TAC indicates that the error code relates to digital
    certificates, however, we're not using those in our environment.

    In regards to Rave's post -- After trying various work-arounds, the
    "vpngui.exe" seems to work fine, however, ipsecdialer.exe returns an
    error about "vsdata.dll"

    Registering/Un-registering the dll's has worked for some systems, but
    does not work on most.
    Any assistance provided is greatly appriciated..

    -Mike
    Mike Nichols, Jan 14, 2005
  5. jtjanos <> wrote:

    > So far all of machines experiencing problems have running version
    > 4.0.2(B) of the Cisco VPN client under Windows XP SP2.

    You need to upgrade to 4.6 to work under XP-SP2.

    --

    - Eric Sorenson - Explosive Networking - http://eric.explosive.net -
    Eric Sorenson, Jan 14, 2005
  6. In article <cs95ia$44j$>,
    Eric Sorenson <> wrote:
    :You need to upgrade to 4.6 to work under XP-SP2.

    There have been several postings saying 4.6 wasn't working for people.
    Someone indicated just a couple of days ago that 4.6 had been pulled
    from the download site; I haven't gone to look for myself.
    --
    "Infinity is like a stuffed walrus I can hold in the palm of my hand.
    Don't do anything with infinity you wouldn't do with a stuffed walrus."
    Walter Roberson, Jan 14, 2005
  7. Walter Roberson <-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:
    > In article <cs95ia$44j$>,
    > Eric Sorenson <> wrote:
    > :You need to upgrade to 4.6 to work under XP-SP2.
    >
    > There have been several postings saying 4.6 wasn't working for people.
    > Someone indicated just a couple of days ago that 4.6 had been pulled
    > from the download site; I haven't gone to look for myself.

    We've got about 60-70 XP-SP2 machines out there on 4.6.00.0045, no
    issues (headend is a vpn 3015 on 4.1). Looks like the latest is
    4.6.01.0019, release date 10 Jan 2005.

    Heh, here's an amusing thing, .0018 was released 07 Jan 2005, and
    the first bugfix listed in the .0019 readme is:

    CSCsa52378 - VPN Client 4.6.01.0018 Cannot Pass Traffic on XP

    whups! Nice job, QA. :)
    --

    - Eric Sorenson - Explosive Networking - http://eric.explosive.net -
    Eric Sorenson, Jan 15, 2005
  8. jtjanos

    jtjanos Guest

    Rave,

    I apologize for the delay in following up with your suggestion. It took
    some time before I could get a users home machine back into the office
    to work on it.

    I'm pleased to report that lanching the client from:
    C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\vpngui.exe
    seems to work flawlessly. Thanks so much for your help!

    It strikes me as very odd that this problem affected so many users all
    apparently on the same day. Any idea what the cause of this problem is?
    It doesn't appear to be related to Windows Automatic updates as none
    were installed around the time this problem appeared.
    Thanks again for your help!
    jtjanos, Jan 20, 2005