    "cannot install update" . Is this a critical update ? I checked my add
    and remove program list and it is not there. Any helpful ideas would be
    appreciated.
    Happyhooker, Feb 22, 2005

  2. Happyhooker

    Unk Guest

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:28:44 -0600, "Happyhooker" <> wrote:

    >I have a Dell 8600 with Win XP Home and both service pack 1 & 2 already
    >installed. The computer keeps trying to install Security update for
    >Microsoft .NET version 1.1 service pack 1 ( KB886903) but it keeps saying
    >"cannot install update" . Is this a critical update ? I checked my add
    >and remove program list and it is not there. Any helpful ideas would be
    >appreciated.

    You cannot install some updates or programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822798
    Unk, Feb 22, 2005

  3. Happyhooker

    James Guest

    "Happyhooker" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell 8600 with Win XP Home and both service pack 1 & 2 already
    > installed. The computer keeps trying to install Security update for
    > Microsoft .NET version 1.1 service pack 1 ( KB886903) but it keeps saying
    > "cannot install update" . Is this a critical update ? I checked my add
    > and remove program list and it is not there. Any helpful ideas would be
    > appreciated.

    did it give you an error code? - if so then check the windows upadate group
    to find the fix

    James, Feb 22, 2005
  4. Happyhooker

    chuckie® Guest

    Also sprach Micro$oft:
    The .NET Framework is a feature of Windows. Applications built using the
    ..NET Framework are more reliable and secure. You need to install the .NET
    Framework only if you have software that requires it. After you install this
    item, you may have to restart your computer.
    HTH...luck...

    chuckie®, Feb 22, 2005