    the same results. Anyone know why might be causing the hangups?

    I don't suspect a virus on either of these PC, more of a motherboard
    problem but not sure why.

    Rick, Aug 2, 2005

  2. Rick

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:07:09 GMT, Rick wrote:

    >I've got 2 computers with the exact same problem,
    >when I try to install W2K or XP they go through the copy
    >file stage then locks up when it say 'Setup is starting Windows'.
    >I've switched HD, memory, setup disks, cpu, cables, and still
    >the same results. Anyone know why might be causing the hangups?
    >
    >I don't suspect a virus on either of these PC, more of a motherboard
    >problem but not sure why.

    www.google.com search for

    lockup Setup is starting Windows

    less than 2 seconds later,

    Windows xp setup freeze
    Windows XP Does Not Respond at "Setup Is Starting Windows ... works fine
    and setup got past the "setup is starting windows" text screen. ...
    www.alegsa.com.ar/Visitas/i56/Windows xp setup freeze.php - 12k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    4 seconds after that to read the info

    Windows XP Does Not Respond at "Setup Is Starting Windows
    XP" Message
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310760&Product=winxp

    The 2 usual and often mentioned XP sites
    http://www.aumha.org/
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/

    Maybe these newsgroup
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
    microsoft.public.win2000.setup
    microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment

    Have a look through the groups with
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win2000.setup
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win2000.setup_deployment