Unable to install "Client for Microsoft Networks" in XP64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by S.SubZero, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. S.SubZero

    S.SubZero Guest

    Hi,

    I'm building a new C2D rig and I have XP64 on it. The install goes
    fine, I got sound and video drivers, IE7 64-bit is nice and all, but
    this one problem is a real show-stopper. I got the network drivers
    installed, TCPIP works, but the Client for Microsoft Networks just
    refuses to install. When I try to add it, I get this:

    "Could not add the requested component. The error is: The remote
    procedure call failed."

    This is the built-in ethernet on an Intel DP965LT board, BIOS updated,
    all drivers are latest. Intel says these are specific 64-bit drivers.

    Poking around Google I see I'm not the only person to have this
    problem. However, solutions seem to be lacking, and many of the things
    I am seeing are fairly old (6+ months) so they are unlikely to be of
    any help.

    Anyone run into anything like this?
    S.SubZero, Feb 9, 2007