unable to instal win updates

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Clarke Ekkels, Nov 8, 2004.

  1. xppro sp2

    When I go to windows updates the and choose a file to download the
    file downloads but fails to install. I get the error message, unable
    to install update. Has this happened to any of you and what was the
    fix?
    Clarke Ekkels, Nov 8, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Clarke Ekkels

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:05:12 GMT, Clarke Ekkels <> wrote:

    >xppro sp2
    >
    >When I go to windows updates the and choose a file to download the
    >file downloads but fails to install. I get the error message, unable
    >to install update. Has this happened to any of you and what was the
    >fix?


    Windows Update Troubleshooter
    http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/

    Problems When Viewing or Downloading From Windows Update
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q193385


    1. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, click Internet Options,
    click Connections, click LAN Settings. Uncheck "Automatically
    Detect Settings" and "Use Automatic configuration script"

    2 - Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, "General" tab.
    Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button,
    check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes,
    click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk space to use
    to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". Also click the "Advanced" tab, scroll
    down to "Security", and check the box, "Empty TemporaryInternet Files
    folder when browser is closed", click "Apply", "OK"

    2 - Reboot, and try again:
    Unk, Nov 8, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:42:49 -0500, Unk <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:05:12 GMT, Clarke Ekkels <> wrote:
    >
    >>xppro sp2
    >>
    >>When I go to windows updates the and choose a file to download the
    >>file downloads but fails to install. I get the error message, unable
    >>to install update. Has this happened to any of you and what was the
    >>fix?

    >
    >Windows Update Troubleshooter
    >http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
    >
    >Problems When Viewing or Downloading From Windows Update
    >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q193385
    >
    >
    >1. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, click Internet Options,
    > click Connections, click LAN Settings. Uncheck "Automatically
    > Detect Settings" and "Use Automatic configuration script"
    >
    >2 - Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, "General" tab.
    > Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button,
    > check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes,
    > click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk space to use
    > to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". Also click the "Advanced" tab, scroll
    > down to "Security", and check the box, "Empty TemporaryInternet Files
    > folder when browser is closed", click "Apply", "OK"
    >
    >2 - Reboot, and try again:

    Thanks Unk. Will give it a try.

    Clarke
    Clarke Ekkels, Nov 8, 2004
    #3
  4. Clarke Ekkels

    Unk Guest

    You're welcome.

    On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:43:22 GMT, Clarke Ekkels <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 16:42:49 -0500, Unk <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:05:12 GMT, Clarke Ekkels <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>xppro sp2
    >>>
    >>>When I go to windows updates the and choose a file to download the
    >>>file downloads but fails to install. I get the error message, unable
    >>>to install update. Has this happened to any of you and what was the
    >>>fix?

    >>
    >>Windows Update Troubleshooter
    >>http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
    >>
    >>Problems When Viewing or Downloading From Windows Update
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q193385
    >>
    >>
    >>1. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools, click Internet Options,
    >> click Connections, click LAN Settings. Uncheck "Automatically
    >> Detect Settings" and "Use Automatic configuration script"
    >>
    >>2 - Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options, "General" tab.
    >> Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the "Delete Files" button,
    >> check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK". After it finishes,
    >> click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk space to use
    >> to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". Also click the "Advanced" tab, scroll
    >> down to "Security", and check the box, "Empty TemporaryInternet Files
    >> folder when browser is closed", click "Apply", "OK"
    >>
    >>2 - Reboot, and try again:

    >Thanks Unk. Will give it a try.
    >
    >Clarke
    Unk, Nov 9, 2004
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. braxi

    ADSL modem won't instal

    braxi, Jul 21, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    631
    Gary G. Taylor
    Jul 23, 2003
  2. °Mike°

    Re: FOA Mike Re ASDL modem won't instal

    °Mike°, Jul 22, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    418
    °Mike°
    Jul 22, 2003
  3. braxi

    Re: FOA Mike Re ASDL modem won't instal

    braxi, Jul 22, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    421
    °Mike°
    Jul 23, 2003
  4. jacobi

    fdisk-format-clean instal?

    jacobi, Aug 28, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    549
    °Mike°
    Aug 29, 2003
  5. Martyn Rogers

    WinXp keeps trying to instal drivers

    Martyn Rogers, Apr 24, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    525
    MrGrumpy
    Apr 25, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page