    been attached from the laptop to the router. Can you please give suggestions
    in relation to rectifying this problem. Theres no problem with any other
    programs.

    =?Utf-8?B?YW1pcmFoX2FsbWFz?=, Jun 11, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YW1pcmFoX2FsbWFz?=

    Malke Guest

    amirah_almas wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an inspiron 6000 with wireless card. I bought a Netgear Router
    > to which the main computer (w.t ADSL) was attached. I was using the
    > wireless option until two days ago, when the wireless aspect doesn't
    > work. There are three computers attached on the network. At the
    > present, a cat5 cable has been attached from the laptop to the router.
    > Can you please give suggestions in relation to rectifying this
    > problem. Theres no problem with any other programs.

    Do you get any error messages? What changed between the time things
    worked? I have an Inspiron 6000 and you can enable/disable the wireless
    by holding FN and press the F2 key. Could you or someone else have done
    this by accident?

    You will need to give us more information to get more focused help.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Jun 11, 2005

  3. Hi

    I didn't get any error messages. I only use the inspiron, and did not press
    any either the FN or F2 keys. I have got McAfee and WebRoot Antivirus. Did
    not make any changes to settings. However whilst the cat5 attached to the
    router enables connection, if i try to enable the wireless connections on its
    own, it fails. I am wondering could there be a problem with the router.

    =?Utf-8?B?YW1pcmFoX2FsbWFz?=, Jun 11, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?YW1pcmFoX2FsbWFz?=

    Malke Guest

    amirah_almas wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I didn't get any error messages. I only use the inspiron, and did not
    > press any either the FN or F2 keys. I have got McAfee and WebRoot
    > Antivirus. Did not make any changes to settings. However whilst the
    > cat5 attached to the router enables connection, if i try to enable the
    > wireless connections on its own, it fails. I am wondering could there
    > be a problem with the router.

    The way to answer that question would be to either try and connect
    wirelessly to your router with another computer or to take your laptop
    to a friend's or a wireless hot spot and see if it can connect
    wirelessly. That way you'll be able to determine where the problem
    lies.

    Malke

    Malke, Jun 11, 2005
  5. Thanks a lot for your help. I will try at other wifi spots to find out where
    the problem lies.

    =?Utf-8?B?YW1pcmFoX2FsbWFz?=, Jun 12, 2005