Unable to get wireless communications to work

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?S0Nhdg==?=, Apr 3, 2007.

  1. Have notebook equipped with MiniPCI wireless network card. The card has both
    802.11 g and bluetooth capabilities. The status of the 802.11 g connection
    is Sent 917, Received 17, MPS 1.0. I have never been able to get Blue tooth
    to work. After lengthy discussions with manufacturer the decission was
    return the card, an maybe that is not the right decission, but even so I
    can't uninstall it.

    When I remove the card the notebook will not boot. When I disable wireless
    in the BIOS Device Manager sees the card. When I uninstalled the card in
    Device Manager and inserted an 80.11 g PC Wireless Adapter in the PCMCIA slot
    the adapter was discovered, but when I specify the location of the install
    routine, instead of running the install routine I get an eror message saying
    the Network Controller can not found.

    Although the problem with the card is probably not caused by Windows I
    should be able to disable the card or run a network card in the PCMCIA slot
    with it enabled, and the crazy thing is two days ago I did. I inserted the a
    2wire 802.11 PC Wireless Wireless Adapter in this notebook and it ran
    beautifully. Then I tried to get A Bluetooth dongel to work and deleted some
    software. I could not get Bluetooth to work and now I can't get WiFi to work
    either.

    When I insert the Wireless adapter in the PCMCIA slot the device is
    discovere though it does say USB device. When I specifiy the location of the
    driver it says Network Controller can not be found. Can someone help me.

    --
    KC
    =?Utf-8?B?S0Nhdg==?=, Apr 3, 2007

  2. I can't get any help around here!

    --
    KC

    =?Utf-8?B?S0Nhdg==?=, Apr 4, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S0Nhdg==?=

    Theo Guest

    Because you're asking for hardware assistance and this is a
    Windows 64-bit software forum. You should contact the
    vendor of y9our laptop for hardware assistance.

    Theo, Apr 4, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?S0Nhdg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Make sure you have the right driver, go into Device Management and install
    driver. Point to the proper driver.

    John Barnes, Apr 4, 2007