    network address" and then wait for a long time and ultimately connection fail.

    Does anyone knows why I am having this problem? I have no problem detecting
    the network. Any settings I need to set? Thanks alot!

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=, Aug 10, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=

    Clark Guest

    When you attempt to connect to these networks, do you get any dialog boxes
    that ask about passwords, or security settings, or anything else?

    Do you already have the networks set up in your profile manager? Talk to
    the folks that have the networks to see what you need to connect.

    Clark

    Clark, Aug 10, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=

    Frankster Guest

    Make sure your wireless TCP/IP configuration is set to "Obtain IP
    Automatically" and "Obtain DNS Automatically".

    -Frank

    Frankster, Aug 10, 2005
  4. Yup, I already set to "Obtain IP Automatically" and "Obtain DNS
    Automatically"...

    No it is an unsecured network... it did not prompt for any password...
    Basically it is one of those free wireless networks at the MacDonalds here
    for customers to use. But I noticed I have the same problem when I connect to
    other networks too. No dialog boxes but it just fail the connection...

    any more ideas on solving this problem? thanks for the replies...

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=, Aug 10, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=

    Clark Guest

    Have you run this laptop on any networks, wired or wireless?

    Is there a setting that tells it to connect only to known points or do you
    have it set to connect to any network?

    Clark

    Clark, Aug 10, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=

    Des Guest

    "Bryan" <> wrote in message

    > No it is an unsecured network... it did not prompt for any password...
    > Basically it is one of those free wireless networks at the MacDonalds here
    > for customers to use. But I noticed I have the same problem when I connect

    > other networks too. No dialog boxes but it just fail the connection...

    If you are in the UK MacDonalds wifi is supplied with BTopenzone and you pay
    BTopenzone (or one of their roaming partners) for access, but then again
    they have a front page to log on. I have used them for access (well sat in
    the carpark)

    Des

    Des, Aug 10, 2005
  7. the only time i set it up on a "network" is through a dialup modem... i am
    not sure of any settings regarding connection to unknown points... Can you
    point them out to me? Thanks.

    Bryan

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=, Aug 12, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=

    Clark Guest

    I don't use the WZC so I can't point them out. But somewhere there are
    settings about what type of access point you would like to connect. It
    might be just the ones you have profiles for, or any wireless network you
    can find. Go through the settings and see if you can find one that looks
    like what you want.

    The question about other networks was meant to see if you had TCP/IP
    installed and other normal network protocols.

    Clark

    Clark, Aug 12, 2005
  9. Yup think i know which settings you are talking about... But those are set
    properly I believe. Yes I have TCP/IP installed too. Any more ideas what
    might be wrong?

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=, Aug 15, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?QnJ5YW4=?=

    Frankster Guest