    order to get them opened?. The transport my VPN is using is IPSec over
    TCP.

    Regards,
    R-on, Aug 22, 2007

  2. R-on

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:03:12 -0000, R-on wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >Hope someone can help. I have not been able to get inbound traffic
    >from my Cisco VPN client since ISP replaced my modem with an ADSL
    >2Wire 2701HG-T. My old modem worked fine but the new one seems to be
    >blocking some stuff avoiding my VPN incoming traffic. If I set my
    >device's firewall as DMZPlus mode VPN works fine, but I'd rather to

    Well a DMZ opens ports up.

    >open just the specific ports or whatever I need to open in order to

    Often posted in 24HSHD, the list of well known ports

    Cisco VPN and most others

    500 tcp and udp isakmp, usually udp IIRC.

    11001 and 11002 IIRC, 1 for Internet access and the other when on the
    LAN.

    Could be 10000.

    THere are a few others for different authentication.

    >keep as much security on my firewall settings as possible. Is there
    >anyway I can find out which ports or other stuff my VPN is using in

    Past posts in 24HSHD

    High powered sniffer tools like wireshark.

    Or simpler stuff like
    http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/SmartSniff/smartsniff.html

    >order to get them opened?. The transport my VPN is using is IPSec over

    nbtstat

    firewall log

    www.google.com

    http://www.google.com/search?q=cisco vpn ports